Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Is It Friday Yet?

Hello all!
I woke up this morning and thought it was Thursday. I hate when that happens. On top of it, the day turned out to be drizzly and coldish. A "pissy ass" rain as I call it. Just enough to get your glasses wet but not enough to justify an umbrella! I didn't even walk to the "L" this morning. My DH offered to wait for me and drove me there. Then I asked him to pick me up! Oh well, there's always tomorrow to walk. I can take a day off every now and then!

Orange Is The New Black Cowl
I've been watching a Netflix exclusive show, "Orange Is The New Black." I 'm really enjoying this show. It's about a woman who goes to prison after someone named her as a fellow drug runner from 10 years ago. Each episode showcases a different inmate and the trials they all endure. They have all the episodes on so you can watch them all at once or one or two a day. Of course, Gregory turned me on to this show. He has such great taste! This week while I'm watching (sitting alone in the dining room) I've been knitting a beautiful and soft black merino wool cowl called the Honey Cowl. May not show the true color but the pattern shows up nicely.


Debbie's Spa Cloth
Now it wouldn't be a blog post if I didn't show you the start of another Debbie's Spa Cloth. This is made of the blue cotton yarn, like the rust colored one, that I thought I'd lost. Obviously I found it! I must have stashed it away when the girls came over to sew and finally remembered where I stashed it! I also found a skein of yarn and a pattern (not related) that was lost but now is found! Yeah!! I love when that happens.







OK. The book I was reading, Summer Breeze, by Nancy Thayer was very good. As I said, it was a nice light easy summer read. My next book is a new Barbara Delinsky book Sweet Salt Air. Review will be forthcoming. No doubt it will be good. I love Barbara Delinsky.

I was at a bookstore recently killing a 1/2 hour and saw a book that I knew I had to have; The Joy of Sox. The title alone caught my eye! There are several very nice sock patterns so, being the Sock Queen, I had to have it! Still have to finish my one sock and then I'll have a newly knit pair of socks! I vow to complete that sock this weekend!

My Maggie cowl is coming along nicely. I've been diligently working on it in the morning and at lunchtime during work. I will definitely finish it this week and post a picture. I won't be able to do any knitting at work next week because I'll have to spend all my spare time working on the dreaded MONTHLY REPORT! Well, everyone who knows me knows about this week of hell. Although, everyone has their own personal MONTHLY REPORT! Do you??????

Well, off to watch another episode of Orange Is The New Black. I'm telling you, if you have Netlix or access to it, you gotta see this show.

Until the next time, keep crafting!




No comments: