Sunday, July 14, 2013

Good Sunday Morning!

Good morning!
What a beautiful day today! After easting breakfast at our favorite restaurant, Lucky Grill, I walked home again. It's so peaceful walking in the early morning and hearing the birds chirping, water features people have in their yards and greeting people as we pass each other. I love walking and try to do it as much as possible. That's my best and only form of exercise at this point. Today I zigzagged throughout the blocks and looked at houses and flowers along the way. Tranquility!

Progress after first class

Yesterday I met my friend Tom at Woolly Lamb and after knitting for a while, we went to lunch and had a great time. When we came back we sat and knitted for a while. Another peaceful afternoon for me. Brigitte reminded me that I have "homework" to do on my sock for our next class on Tuesday. I immediately went into panic mode (even though I acted like I had everything under control) and said oh I'm planning to get that done on Sunday. Yikes! It feels like high school all over again! I did manage to get to the point where the pattern starts last night so I'll start that today and definitely have it done for Tuesday. (I hope!) I have to because we start the heel and I can't start the heel until I have the foot done! Here is a pic of the sock after the first class and what I've done so far.


Progress to date - a ways to go for Tuesday!
 
Debbie's Spa Cloth
I started and finished a washcloth for my niece Debbie. I call it "Debbie's Spa Cloth." It's made of a very luxurious cotton -"King Tut" and feels very soft. I'd like to make a few more for her as well as some dish cloths. It measures a generous 10 x 10 and looks so pretty folded up. The color is a yummy celery green - one of my favorite colors. Hope she likes it!

I also have two more skeins of this color yarn and hope to make at least three more with it as well as two other cotton yarns I bought. I may make some for myself too! It's a very simple pattern and knits up quickly. Thanks for the pattern Sharon!



 
After finishing Joanne's Maggie Linen Cowl, I decided to make an identical one for myself. I just love the pattern and it's very easy. I plan to make several more - but they have to get into the queue! I'd show a picture of myself wearing it but there's no one home or awake to do it for me! Ha-ha! Maggie has so many beautiful colors in this linen to the color choices are endless! Unfortunately my time isn't! Drat!
Well, I guess I'd better get out and enjoy the day a bit. I also have to get my sock done! I'm really enjoying this new technique and I always love a challenge. By the way, I DID NOT finish my other sock (done the conventional) way - you'll find that happens to me a lot!
 
Have a great day! 
 
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the washcloths!

Anonymous said...

Love the washcloths!