Friday, July 5, 2013

Day Five - Twelve Days of Crafting....

Hello all!
OK - I may have skipped one day but that's because I was so busy crafting! : )

So happy to have today off! It's been a great day and I've gotten a lot accomplished. I even treated myself to a mocha latte tall WITH whip cream at Starbucks! I was so happy that I actually lost weight this week I had to celebrate. Nose to the grindstone now again because I have one pound to lose and make my 50 pound weight loss goal! I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!!!!

Once again, I had a wonderful time at Ro's house last night. Sonia, Liz, her husband Tony and baby Bianca sat on her deck and chatted, ate delicious food and enjoyed great company! We didn't even knit that much. There were a lot of fireworks going off and we watched some but mostly chatted and watched Liz's puppy Bianca! She is such a sweet doggie!

Once again, I didn't get any pictures of us or the fireworks. (Sorry Mandy!) Sometimes I just forget to take pics because I'm having so much fun. Ro, Liz and I (the three amigos!) will be going to see Sonia at her Art Fair in Evanston. We're also planning to take a trip to Vogue Fabric in Evanston. Why not, as long as we're there? I PROMISE I will get some pictures for my next blog!

Well, here is my craft of the day. This is a beautiful pattern I got for free on-line through Craftsy. I'm using a very soft yarn with a bit of sparkle. Hard to see on this picture but it's lovely. The pattern is a lace pattern and a bit challenging to me but very pretty. As you may have noticed, I suffer from a chronic case of start-I-tis. There is no cure for it but it is fun! It's so exciting to start a new project!

 
I just realized that I have to cook some kind of dinner. Tom had to work today so he's not home to cook like he usually does! : (Oh well, tuna and noodles for everyone! : )
 
I worked on a few things yesterday, as you know and got all my repairing done except for some of the repairing that needed to be washed first. I'll tackle that on Sunday. I also cut about 60 squares for a quilt I'm planning to make. I was very angry at myself because the squares were supposed to be 4 1/2 inches square but I cut about 1/2 of them 4 inches square. Sometimes I wonder about myself...Oh well, the squares will be 3 1/2 inches now! No harm, no foul.
 
Well, I'm itching to do a bit of knitting now. I picked up the other skein I needed for my blue linen cowl at, of course, Woolly Lamb so now I can start it.
 
Have a good day and look for me again tomorrow.


No comments: