Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hump Day!

Good evening all!


Sock after first class
Well, I didn't post yesterday because I was at my knitting class all evening. Brigitte has the patience of a saint! With about 12 students, she was as busy as a one armed paper hanger! But she gave each one of us the attention we needed! It was a very intense class but I feel I came away knowing just what had to be done and was confident in my ability to do it! Not sure if there will be a second sock, but that's usually the way I am when I learn something different. I remember the first time I tried to make a sock on double pointed needles I actually got so frustrated that I threw the yarn away! Ha-ha!! The first time I tried to knit socks on two circulars, I hated it and swore I'd never knit socks! Ha-ha!! The second time I tried to knit socks on two circulars, I LOVED IT! Something clicked and I was hooked. I've knit so many socks I can't count them. I love knitting them on circulars or double pointed needles. I just love to knit socks!



So here is the sock at the point where I'm supposed to be - I hope! Now I have to find out how to get all the stitches back to where they should be so I can start knitting the leg!



Sock after second class
Thank you Brigitte and Cat Bordhi!
 
I forgot to talk about the last book I read, Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn. Well, can't say I loved it but I can say it was a bit different. Not something that I normally gravitate towards but sometimes it's nice to get out of your comfort zone. This book was WAY OUT THERE! Think Hunger Games? I just finished a short sappy book called The Gazebo. Now I like a romance book just like the next person but this was a bit too mushy for me. A quick read and OK. Better than Another Little Piece! Now I'm on to Highland Fling by Katie Fforde! My new favorite author. I am now reading on the train to work and back home. In the morning before I start work and at lunch time I'm knitting, you guessed it, washcloths! So far I have two green ones done and am working on a dark orange one.

A big congratulations to my "little" sister Maria! She's lost so much weight and her last picture posted on Facebook showed her SOOO thin! Between the two of us we've probably lost a teenaged girl!

Off to relax now for an hour before going to bed! 






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the sock. Congratulations to you and Maria! Way to go!