Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day Four - Twelve Days of Crafting

Good morning all,
Happy Fourth of July! Seems like it was just Easter and now, summer is half over! I always felt once the 4th was over, summer just flies by! I'll be going to Ro's house tonight to watch the fireworks in Morton Grove. Should be a nice time! I'm looking forward to getting together with some of the knitting ladies.

I started sorting out some of my clothes today to take to the Thrift Shop in Norwood Park. I have sooo many clothes that I haven't worn in a long time and now are too big for me. I guess that's a good thing but some of them were really nice and I liked them! Oh well, a shopping I will go.

Tom and I went to our favorite restaurant for breakfast this morning and then I walked home. It's about 1 1/2 miles. It feels good to exercise and walking is my only form a exercise at this point. Then I took Sable for a slow walk around the block. She walks very slow!

I didn't take a pic of the ladies at knitting last night. We were so excited about the new things Brigitte got in that I forgot! So many nice things! I'll be sure to get some tonight.

Well, I finished The Perfume Collector yesterday and it was very good. I recommended it to all of the ladies last night. Brigitte said she is almost done with it so I didn't spoil it for her. : ) Not sure what I'll read next but I'll let you know. We're planning to start a book club at knitting and talk about the book while we knit. Should be fun.

Well, since I didn't blog yesterday, I'll show you two crafts I've finished. OK, it's the same thing but two different colors. This cowl was the Woolly Lamb Christmas club project for June. I made the navy one for Joanne and turquoise one for myself . I'm going to start another one in the same navy for myself. I couldn't wait until Christmas to give it to Joanne. She loved it! I put cream color linen on mine but I put white angora on Joanne's. It's so much fun to have a girl to make things for!
 

 
Here's a sneak peak for Maria  of the Yo Yo's I've sewn together so far. It's fun to coordinate the colors and put them together. I've got enough now to connect to what Maria and my Mother put together. I put a penny in the pic so you can see the size of the yo yos. At least they're not the tiny ones! I have so many ideas to make with some of them for all my sister's and nieces. Now I just need the time to do it! 

 


I'd like to start cutting some square for a quilt I'm planning to make as well as start some of the pin cushions I'm planning to make. I have all weekend so I'll pace myself. I have some hemming and repair work to do today so I'll try to get that off the books today.

I'll close for now so I can get started on my hemming and repairing. Have a safe Fourth of July and keep reading my blog!

2 comments:

Juanita Plock said...

Oh wow!! I remember doing you-yos with Mom too! We did the yellow and green ones that she did for her own quilt.

Mandy Schröder said...

Please take a pic for me of the firework in Morton Grove!What are Yo Yo´s?And for what do you need that?I know why sable is so slowly at your walk with her around the block,she enjoy every step with you!Its so sad that i can not read this book,i hope so much there is here soon in german.Do you want knitt something for the grandboy of Thomas,maybe you have a cute idea to knitt for him?That will be so great!