Monday, July 1, 2013

Day Two - Twelve Days of Crafting

Hi All!

July 1, 2013
As promised, I am continuing with my Twelve Days of Crafting blog. I appreciate all the nice comments from my family and friends. Keep them coming! I'm having a ball!

First, I want to show the "Floral Arrangement of the Week." The firm I work for has a new arrangement delivered every Monday. Some are just so beautiful I have to memorialize them! The office management company has these delivered every Monday to help beautify the offices. It's so nice to come into the office each day and see these beautiful arrangements. Here is this weeks' offering.

What a beautiful evening this is! I took my precious little dog Sable for a walk and just enjoyed the night. She is VERY slow and can't see too well but loves her walks just the same. I love walking around the block and just stopping to "smell the roses!"


Now for the "Book of the Week." Brigitte Biver of Woolly Lamb Yarn Studio told me she started reading a book that she'd heard was great; The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro. I reserved it at my library and picked it up on Saturday. I can't believe how good this book is. It tells the story of a young married woman who receives an inheritance from someone she doesn't know. It starts in the early 1950's and then goes back and forth to the 1920's. Very interesting book and definitely a page turner. Brigitte never steers me wrong! I am really enjoying it and am halfway through already!


OK! Now for today's craft. I started this project last summer and finally decided to finish it over Memorial Day weekend. I really love this bag and am so proud of it. I got the pattern from one of the many quilting books I have. I just used 4 fat quarters and a yard of fabric for the lining. It's definitely large enough for many knitting projects and patterns. I love that I can combine two of my hobbies; quilting and knitting! The lining is the same pattern as the square on the front. I had to "fussy cut" that square to get the pattern I wanted to show. It does have handles, you just can't see them that well! I cut and sewed the pieces together and then quilted the piece. Then I sewed it together with "French" seams.

I'm looking forward to having a four day weekend coming up. I am lucky to have Thursday and Friday off for the holiday and am looking forward to sewing, knitting, and whatever this weekend.

Have a great day tomorrow and please be sure to check out my blog!








No comments: