Monday, July 29, 2013

Another Monday....

Hello all!
Well, it's Monday again. I miss not posting since last week! Last week was not a great week for me. Nothing specific just a few things I perceived as "not nice" and the snowball effect took place. It's just me and my crazy sensitivity! Oh well, all better now.

Week of July 29 arrangement
I know everyone is waiting to see the floral arrangement of the week at The Firm. It's fun to come into the lobby each Monday morning and see these arrangements. Sometimes it's a hit and sometimes it's not. I'll let you decide.

I spent a wonderful weekend cutting and getting my Scrappy Bags ready to start sewing. I'm planning to iron the Pellon on everything before the coming weekend so I can start right in sewing. I've realized that I can't try to do too much at once because it makes me crazy. I went to Joanne Fabrics on Wednesday to get the 50% off Pellon I needed as well as some stuff I didn't need! I bought some orange fabric and some candy corn fabric to make a 10 minute table runner. I have that cut out and ready to sew. I also bought some cream color cotton to add to a quilt top I hope to make someday! Hope to have some pics next week. Then I went on Saturday and bought some more Pellon and some Chicago Bears fabric. I am planning to make some valances for my niece Debbie's Chicago Bears bedroom. It's actually the room I sleep in when I go there so I call it my room! Ha-ha!! Then I went again on Sunday because I didn't buy enough Pellon. I got some great sales and 70% off some sewing notions for the sewing basket I'm making for someone for Christmas. It was a Joanne's Fabric weekend. I vow to not buy anymore fabric for a long time. (Except some special fabric I need to finish some pillowcases I also cut out yesterday!)  : )


My fabric stash seems to have grown a bit. I thought I could get rid of some of it when we got together to do our Scrappy Bags. Unfortunately, I'm an organizer and decided to get all my fabric together in one place. I even bought a new see-through container. Everything fits in nicely, however, it's a 66 gallon container! Shhh, don't tell anyone!

Oh well, finished another washcloth for Debbie. This one was Brigitte's idea. I used some odds and ends from the discount basket at Woolly Lamb and made a real pretty stripped Spa Cloth with Berocco Weekend. I think I have enough to make one more. Very nice and soft. I love the colors and the cloth is very dense so it will be nice to wash with.

(I probably should learn to crop these pictures! Slow and steady - that's my pace!)




 

Once again, I'm in a mood to "lighten my load" a bit by using up some of my stash yarn (yes, I have stash yarn as well as stash fabric) to make another Stephen West Squishy Afghan. I made one in wool with the help of my knitting friend Sharon. She is a great fan of Stephen and we worked together and both complete one each within a month. This was 16 skeins of yarn held double throughout. The base color was a butter yellow and then I used different shades of blue. The afghan is on a double size bed so you can see how big it is.

I think I'll have to start another one come September. You need to do this in the winter so you can have it over you while knitting when it's cold. These are the colors I'm going to use; gold, burgundy, brown, green,orange and two variegated yarns. Nice fall colors. You need at least 16 skeins of yarn because you knit with two skeins at once.


I finished the book I was reading last week; Reconstructing Amelia. The book was not a love story but told the story of the love a Mother has for her daughter who died too soon. She worked throughout the book to determine the cause of Amelia's death. I highly recommend this book. This week I'm reading Summer Breeze by Nancy Thayer. So far it's a nice light summer read. I am enjoying it.

Until the next time. I hope to post before a week passes again! Enjoy!

No comments: