Monday, July 22, 2013

The Start of a New Week!

Hello all!
I had such a great weekend! Besides the fact that I wasn't at work!

Before I get into the weekend, I have to show the beautiful weekly floral arrangement at the Firm. This one seems like Spring to me. Enjoy.



Now on to the weekend! On Saturday my knitting friends, Liz, Ro and Gladys came over for lunch and to work on our Scrappy Bags. Ro started us on the project and I donated my fat quarters, scraps, etc. so we could each make one. (The motive was to clear out my stash!) This is a purse you can make from scraps of fabric you have accumulated. After choosing our fabric, we had to make an emergency run to Joanne Fabrics for some supplies. After that, we went for coffee, but I digress. Once we came back to my house, we started in full tilt with our bags. We stopped for dinner about 7:00 but continued pinning, sewing, an pressing our little hearts out! Everyone finished the first stage of the bag, getting all the scraps sewed on the base. This is the start of my bag. I'm all into turquoise so this fabric was all about me! Once you get the handles and lining set, this bag will fold in half and become a purse! I was so excited about my purse that I gathered my scraps and put together fabric for 4 other bags! Now I just need the time! Ro finished hers so she will be able to help us with ours!


October
We also purchased fabric to start another project we're looking to do. This book shows monthly banners and numbers to make and quilt. One for each month of the year depicting holidays. We're planning to start on October and work through until December at this point - hopefully we can stay on target. We'll start the others after the first of the year. I wish we were being taped while we shopped at Joanne's. It was so comical. Once we got to the cutting station, we couldn't remember which fabric was for which square. We ultimately figured it out and took pictures! Then we tried to use as many coupons as we could. We managed to save a lot of money! Here are the colors we chose. Hopefully I'll have regular updates for you!


November


December
The squares are each 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 so we don't need a lot of fabric for each one. We have to trace shapes and then cut out the fabric and adhere. Should be fun! We have dates scheduled through September to begin working on these squares. We also bought tabletop stands to display them on for each month!







And, last but not least tonight, here is an update on the Debbie's Spa Cloths. I have completed two green ones and another rust colored one. I have more yarn but unfortunately, forgot where I put it so I'm waiting until it shows up. : )

Oh, two more things; congratulations to William and Kate on the birth of their dear little baby boy! I'm sure they will love and adore their baby boy as much we did each of our boys!

Also, I finished my latest book by Katie Fforde; Highland Fling. Such a wonderful romantic comedy. I hated to see it end! Her books are delicious! Now I'll start; Reconstructing Amelia by Kimberly McCreight. Review to come.

Until the next post! Keep crafting (in between life and work!)

1 comment:

TomT said...

One of your best posts ever! See you soon for lunch, LB.