Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day Six - 12 Days of Crafting

Hello!
Had an extra special day today. I spent the day with two of my dear knitting friends, Liz and Ro. We went to an art show in Evanston, visited a new knit shop, and went to Vogue Fabrics. We shopped til we dropped! We went to the art show in Evanston to see another one of our knitting friends, Sonia. She was selling her beautiful felted purses, knitted hats, scarves, etc. Her booth was so nice. I finally took some pics of some of my knitting friends!

Liz, Colleen, Ro (holding one of Sonia's bags) and Sonia - our Artist!
 
Sonia has been busy knitting up these purses and then felting them. This process of felting is like shrinking your wool sweater on purpose! You just put it in the washing machine in very hot water, let it agitate, check it regularly, remove, shape and then wait two or three days for it to dry! Very labor intensive but totally worth the resulting items! We've been watching her knit at Woolly Lamb and can now see the beautiful items she has completed. Her booth was beautiful and should surely win for the best booth!

We saw lots of jewelry, art work and many beautiful items for sale.

Ro, Liz and I walked all around the exhibits, looked at everything, stopped to eat lunch and enjoyed the day so much. And Ro only got lost once! (She claimed we were lost!) : )



Our artist, Sonia!
                  

And now, My craft of the day is the second sock of this pair. I finally turned the heel, picked up my stitches and am just knitting the foot until I get to the length I need. Then I decrease for the toes and Kitchener the toe closed! My goal is to finish the last sock by next week Friday. This has been an ongoing project that I'm glad is nearing completion. If I had to wait until I finished a pair of socks I would be walking around barefoot! Ha-ha!! I do love knitting socks and will be learning a new technique beginning Tuesday at Woolly Lamb Yarn Studio! More details to follow!
My latest book is the third book of a delicious trilogy. This is the third Crossfire Novel written by Sylvia Day, Entwined with You. These books are very similar to the Shades of Gray series but not as much S&M. Not sure if you think that's good or bad. I can say though, that the Crossfire Novels are very good! Glad I found this book and am looking forward to reading it.
 
That's it for tonight. Lots of fresh air, walking, and laughing have tired me out! Off to bed for me and looking forward to crafting SOMETHING tomorrow!
 
 
 
 

 


 


1 comment:

TomT said...

Hey Colleen! Great post - thanks for the pic from Sonia's show.