Sunday, August 4, 2013

What? Back to Work Tomorrow?

Oh well, at least I'm making money to feed my habit(s)! : ) 

Hello all, I hope you had a wonderful weekend and were able to enjoy the beautiful weather. I had my usual Sunday morning after breakfast walk today. It was so nice and peaceful! I just love walking through the neighborhoods, looking at each house and imaging what the inside looks like! I always imagine there is a large and perfectly appointed craft room! : ) Just like in my dreams!



 

Speaking of habits; I finally finished my socks! (Not the Cat Bordhi Sweet Tomato Heel Socks) This is a pair I started a while ago! They are a camouflage color; gray, brown and tan. I really forced myself to finish the last one and I'm glad I did! 
Now I have a beautiful new pair of socks. Let's see, who will be the lucky recipient of these socks?
 
 


 
I also finished another 10 minute table runner in - what else - candy corn and orange! I need to put some buttons on the ends but I'm just not sure what to do. I have a picture and would like some opinions. Do I keep them as they are, take away one, two, or use something totally different. Of course I was thinking of a candy corn button but that may be over kill!
 
Let me know what your thoughts are. I can't stop finding beautiful fabric to make these 10 minute (which actually take about 20 minutes) table runners!
 
Denim blue shades fat quarters
Speaking of fabric, I went to one of my favorite quilt shops; Quilter's Destination in Arlington Heights. (Always a bad idea but now I have my DH drive and he waits outside for me. This way I can't spend too much time and buy too much!) BUT, I did manage to buy a few things. I went there specifically to find some football fabric for - let's say something! : ) Of course, they didn't have any so I had to buy something else. I found a beautiful fat quarter bundle in soft denim blue shades. It was 40% off so I couldn't resist! I also found a cute pattern for Cupcake Pincushions. I just adore making pincushions.
 
I also bought this pattern for an adorable pincushion. I cut out fabric to make 5 of these but got sidetracked and didn't sew them yet. Eventually I will get to them but today I got involved in my candy corn table runner and another project involving one of Chicago's sports teams! Soon enough you'll see pictures of what I'm working on that's such a mystery. The problem is, working gets in the way of my creativity! DARN!!! I think I need to take a long weekend or a week off to catch up and get back on track!
 
As everyone knows, I love candy corn so when I was at the quilt shop, I found MORE candy corn fabric. The difference with this fabric is the candy corn has sparkles on them!
 
As far as the football fabric, I went on line and bought exactly what I needed! So glad it's 2013 and I can do that.
 
 
 
OK, I made another Maggie Linen Cowl. I can't stop making these. They're great projects to take and work on at work during lunch or whenever you have time. It's just knit, purl, knit purl etc.! I think I'll keep this one for myself (maybe!) I have my eyes on some oatmeal color linen that I have in my stash for the next one. There's also some green too.....


Maggie Linen Cowl

And last, but not least, I finally washed, dried, and ironed my two pillow cases. I made these about 6 months ago and they sat on my dryer waiting to be washed and used! Finally did it this morning and they are so pretty. I make these using one yard pieces of fabric. I mix and match the top and the borders so I can use just a yard. They turn out so nice and they are so easy! (Once you get the trick of the "sausage roll!")

Next weekend I hope to make one or two pincushions and finish my special projects! I also need to finish my Scrappy Bag and the others I've got cut out! Oh my, so much to make and not enough time to make it all! Someday.....

Until the next time....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love love the pillow cases!!!