Monday, August 5, 2013

And The Floral Arrangement of the Week is.....

Happy Monday to all!

I was pleasantly surprised when I came into the office today and saw this beautiful arrangement. It's in one of my favorite colors and looks very summery. I wish I could have a new floral arrangement, roses, any flowers at my desk each Monday! Unfortunately it would probably get boring after a while.

Today was the start of my favorite time of the month at work; MONTHLY REPORT! I've become used it now and have totally made it my own but it is very daunting and I worry all the time that I've made a mistake. It's the OCD part of me. I even have nightmares about it before, during and after. Oh well, as I say, we all have our monthly reports.

Oh well, if nothing else, makes life exciting and challenging!



I finished my latest book today; Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky. I loved this book. The beginning was a bit difficult to get into but once I got through that, I loved the story. I highly recommend this one. Now I'm going to start Fin & Lady by Cathleen Schine. I'm looking forward to this one.

Oh, just for the record, last week I lost 1.8 pounds! Just 12.6 pounds to my goal! It's getting harder and harder to lose the weight! I need to start exercising now to get rid of some of the flab! It's a process!

I was very excited last night after I realized I can buy some quilting dies to use with my Sizzix die cutting machine. I bought die one to see how, and if, it works. You can cut out fabric (I think) and templates for English Paper Piecing - my new venture. So glad I can use my scrapping tools for another hobby! I don't have ENOUGH to do so I'm looking for more! I was looking at some English Paper Piecing videos on YouTube and getting some ideas. It's a manual process and I'm not sure if I can take up another project but I'm going to try!

Enjoy the rest of your week. I'm looking forward to Friday this week because I'm off and will be going to Stitches with my knitting friends. We're going to try to resist the urge to buy yarn...we'll see how successful we are at that! I'll be sure to take some pictures and post them!

No comments: