Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday Always Comes Around!

Hi All,
Yes, Monday always comes around but if you have a great weekend, you can handle it! : )

Here's a picture of our weekly flowers at "The Firm." This arrangement is very pretty and I think you'll all agree. This vase of flowers is very different from what we've seen in the past. Such a pleasant sight when you walk in on Monday morning! I just love the cup-like flowers. Are those Calla Lilies? I know nothing about flowers - just a black thumb for me! When we lived in California they grew in our back yard like weeds. It was so nice to look out the windows and see them.

Living in California was an experience but that's another story for another time!








If you remember my last post, I was reading Danielle Steel's latest book, First Sight. The beginning was a bit boring but as it went on I enjoyed it more and more. I think the last few chapters made the book worthwhile. This week I'm reading The English Girl by Daniel Silva. This book was a bit slow in the beginning but after 2 or 3 chapters it really picked up. I am thoroughly enjoying it and recommended this one to my reading friend at "The Firm," Karen. I can't put it down because each chapter gets better and better! My next book will be The Innocent by David Baldacci. Karen recommended this one to me. Can't wait to get started on this one.

Now for the latest update on Debbie's spa cloths and Bears items. I won't bore you with pictures but I now have 7 spa cloths - just finished one this afternoon at work! I think I'll share them with Debbie's sisters, Heather and Cindy. I'll be making more so they'll have lots to choose from. They just love my spa cloths! Ha-ha!!

Debbie will be very happy with this next item. I'm almost done with her surprise; Chicago Bears pillow cases. It's so hard for me to hold back when I'm making something for someone that I know they'll love - so here they are. I especially love the football fabric! Hope she does too!

I've also finished the black merino cowl I made. It's very difficult to capture the beauty of this color and the pattern but here it is. Maybe someday I'll model my items so you can really see what they look like! Unfortunately my people have no patience to take a few pictures until we get the right one so I'm stuck unless Joanne is here!

Of course, I have yarn to make 3 more of these; cream, rust colored and another color that I can't remember! I just can't make one of anything. It is an illness... : )

I'm currently working on several projects including another pair of socks, my Just Enough Ruffles scarf, baby booties, hats, etc., etc. Sometimes I get star-I-tis BAD!!! I'm always thinking of new things to CO!




Of course, I made another project bag but this one is different. I'm going to give it to one of my knitting friends who is having a baby due on September 11. I predict a girl so we'll see how I do!  Since she's having her first baby, I thought I would use a baby theme fabric and try something different. I wanted to line the bag so I tried something that I thought would work. It sort of did but didn't. I do like the outcome anyway so it's different. Here is a progression of the bag.


Completed bag - front
Completed bag - back

Inside of bag
 
See what I mean. It's different! Still works! I hope she likes it! Not sure what she'll put in it but maybe she can use it for something for the baby (GIRL!) I also cut out fabric to make 3 or 4 more so I'm hoping to get those done as soon as I perfect the process of lining these bags. So much to do and so little time!

Well, that's it for now. I think I'll go sit down now and cast on something new to knit! Start-I-tis!

 

No comments: