Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy March - My Birthday Month!!!!!

Good morning,
Today started out cold and windy. Not as bad as it could be - at least there was no rain - yet. Don't they say March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb? Yesterday I left work downtown and the temperature was wonderful. It felt like Spring. I got home and the wind was howling and it was freezing cold! I couldn't believe the temperature difference. Oh well, that's Chicago for you!

Couldn't do much knitting last night as my back was hurting. Still hurts a bit today and the aspirin I took aren't helping yet! Hopefully they will kick in or I will take some more at 10:30 a.m.! Hate when my back hurts!

I just bought Season 1 of The Game of Thrones on Blu-ray from Amazon.com. I am almost through Book 3 and can't wait to read Book 4. It is a very good read and I'm looking forward to watching the show.

Unfortunately there was a lot of damage and deaths with yesterday's tornadoes. I think they reported that there were 80 tornadoes across the Midwest! Luckily my family in southern Illinois were all spared any tornadoes!

Well, off to work I go now. One more day of this week. Tonight is knitting and we're going to be talking about getting together on Sunday's, when Woolly Lamb is closed, to learn how to quilt! Of course, we have to take a shopping trip to buy all the tools!! : )  That will be fun! I hope we all follow through with this plan as I'm looking forward to getting back to quilting again!

Have a great day and look forward to the coming of Spring later this month!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Yes its March your Birthday Month and my Vacation Month,YEAH!!!I was today so happy if i turned the Paper from February to March in my Calendar.Today was here in Spring without end,sun was so warm shining itwas so fantastic.I hope your back dont hurts anymore.What about the Book The Game of Thrones?I am still Reading The american Wife because i have unfortunately Time to read every Day but if i finished i will buy the autobiographic from Steve Jobs.I think it will be very interesting to read.Wow 80 Tornadoes are a lot of and i could it even in our newspaper today how terrible it must be there.What do you do when you quilt?I can not find a translate in my wordbook.but i wish you a lot of fun to do that and to do the shopping trip.Please make a stop in a Starbucksshop for me and drink there a good coffee for me.You can believe me i feel that if you drink my coffee and than i say oh now is Colleen in starbucks.;)))