Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Monday!

Good morning to all my friends and family! Today is Pulaski Day - a day off for the Chicago Public School children and some adults! Not me though! I went to a grammar school named Casimir Pulaski. I think I should get the day off just for that fact! Ha-ha!! Seriously, I also went to Lane Technical High School and I've been reading in the newspaper how hard it now is to get into that school! I'm impressed with myself!

I had a wonderfully busy weekend. After grocery shopping on Saturday, I had lunch, went to the library and then went to Woolly Lamb and sat there all afternoon! It was delightful! We sat and knitted, chatted, and had a great time. Then we went to a Chinese restaurant for dinner and were very full - for a while! : ) I sat the rest of the night and knitted while watching TV. What a wonderful day.

Then on Sunday, we went out to breakfast but were shut out of our favorite place - The Lucky Grill - we got there too late and there were no seats. So we went to a new place, for us, and had a wonderful breakfast. I had strawberry pancakes. They actually put strawberries in the pancake batter and fresh strawberries on top! Yum. Tom had eggs and bacon. We both loved our breakfasts but it was double the price of Lucky Grill! Oh well, change is good. In between all this, I managed to get all my laundry and ironing done, and put everything away. Then, guess what, I went to Woolly Lamb again Sunday afternoon! I should own stock in that place. Again, we had a wonderful time - do we ever not have a wonderful time?

Tonight I will begin putting together my Maggie cape (as I realize it is now a cape and now a stole!) I wove in all the threads, press each piece and have them waiting for me at home to bag and take to Woolly Lamb. Liz has her's all together and it looks beautiful! I can't wait to post a picture when I'm done. I'll see if Liz will let me take a picture of hers and post it. She says it's easy to put together so I'm not too intimidated -yet.

Well, I guess it's back to work for me now. Have a wonderful day and if you have the day off or are retired, enjoy! Otherwise, enjoy the day anyway! : )

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Thats all sound really nice and i am so glad you have after your hard workweek a fantastic weekend.I think i would choose a strawbery pancake too like you,oh my god thats sounds so jummy.You love Chinese Food?My Parents love it and eat it how often they can in every Way.But i hate,The Lucky Grill sounds better for me.I hope we can go together there in September.In the morning today i think about what i will do in my Vacation.I had no Plans untill now.Now i have not enough Days for my Plans,crazy or?One Day i will make a big shopping trip with my mum,one Day i will make a shopping trip in Heidelberg with my Friend Moni(she invited us yesterday to the Dinner),one Day is the 80th Birthday of Thomas Mother,one day i want make our Tax Return,and then will my Dad surgery on his Coccyx and thats mean i want be there for him and of course for my Mother to drive her to him in the Hospital.Wow thats will be a busy vacation but the important thing is i have time to all that,and than its for me fun to do that.Please pray for my dad.His Operation will be at the 21th March and i hope he survive this good.Oh the most important date i forget the 14th March,on this Day has my biggest Friend her Birthday and you can be sure i will stay with you in my Mind all the day.I wish you Stress-free Week.