Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pictures As Promised!

Good morning!
As promised (so long ago!) I am attaching some pictures of my finished and unfinished projects as well as some beautiful items I received and purchased!

This is the beautiful red glass necklace my dear friends, Mandy and Thomas sent me from Germany for my birthday. Mandy said someone from Thomas' work made it for me. This picture doesn't do it justice but it is truly beautiful! I took it myself in the bathroom mirror!
This is a great yarn bowl Brigitte was selling at Woolly Lamb on Thursday at Open Knit Night. She received twelve on Thursday afternoon  and at 9:00 that night, she had two left! I love mine because - you'll know why....
  it's RED!!!! : )

The Completed Chinook Scarf!

I still  need to block this project - our March project - but I wanted to show it now. It really is a pretty scarf and will look much nicer once I block it. I stayed up last night to finish it. I did purchase two more skeins of this yarn from the "orphan" bin but I'm not sure what position this repeat is in the project "que."

This is one of the new cowl patterns I found on Ravelry for the Lang Twin yarn. I had one skein of a green color - very similar to the pattern color and went to Woolly Lamb on Monday to buy two more. Brigitte said orange was the color this summer so I bought two more green and three orange. Since orange is my second favorite color....

This pattern is our April project. Our dear knitter, Tom, brought this pattern in also. It's really a fun scarf but was put on the back burner for a while. I will start it in earnest now.

So that's a few of the projects I've been working on. I'm still working on the Maggie shawl project and will have a picture of it almost done next week. My goal is still to finish it by the end of March and if I work hard on it this weekend, I should accomplish this goal!

Since I take the train to work now, I've been reading up a storm. I have completed three of the five Game of Thrones books but am taking a bit of time off for others. I will rate them 0 - 4 stars with 0 being the worst and 4 being the best.

1.  Happy Birthday by Danielle Steel - this was a typical Danielle Steel book but after zipping through it, I finished it and it was OK. Glad I borrowed it from the library and didn't pay for it. Two stars
2.  Evening Class by Maeve Binchy - Brigitte told me about this book and I, once again, got it from the library. I loved this book! It was a page turner and worth the read. Four stars
3.  A Very Special Delivery by Linda Goodnight - I had this book on my Kindle, not sure if I bought it or it was a freebie but it was great! I started it to see what it was like and really enjoyed it. I can't wait until her next book. Four stars
4.  Choosing to See - A Journey of Struggle and Hope by Mary Beth Chapman - a wonderful book by the wife of Steven Curtis Chapman, a Christian songwriter and singer. A beautiful story about a family who looses a young daughter and how they coped with this loss. I loved this book but would recommend you not read it is the cafeteria at work! ; (  Four stars
5. Changing Habits by Debbie Macomber - Debbie is one of my favorite authors and she certainly didn't disappoint with this one! A very thought provoking book about nuns and their lives detailing why they became nuns and what their lives were like. Debbie is a wonderful author and I highly recommend this book! Five stars (I know this is over the score but I loved it!)
6.  Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - I never thought this series would appeal to me but after reading three of the five, I was hooked. I did stop after # three just for a break but will pick up #4 soon.

I also purchased a pattern book for my Kindle - don't bother doing that! All the book was was pictures of the patterns and the yarn needed. Since it was on the Kindle, the picture were black and white! What a disappointment I mean I knew they would be black and white but I thought the pattern would actually be on it!! It was only $2.99 but a total ripoff at that price! They did have a coupon for $10.00 off the book. I did get some free ones and was glad they were free! Don't bother! Some day I will get an IPad and then have my patterns in color at least!

I purchased The Hunger Games Trilogy for my Kindle. I can't wait to read that series. I've really gotten into the Kindle as it's much easier to carry around and read on the train. I wish I had the Game of Thrones on Kindle but we have the physical books and I will read them that way.

Well, it's off to the beauty shop for me - cut and color. I'm thinking of not coloring my hair anymore and just going grey (or white in my case!) I'm so tired of sitting in the shop for 1 1/2 hours every six weeks. I'd rather save the money and put it towards my IPad! Oh well.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear Colleen,wow there was a lot of pics and informations from you today but like always very nice.We are happy you like our gift for your Birthday,this make us so proud.The red yarn bowl looks so great,really very nice.And your Projects looks like always very nice espcially the Chinook Scarf.And i see again one more Similarities between us we both love it to read.Now i read Steve Jobs,i think if you love all from Apple is this a must to read.And the Books are on ibooks really cheaper as in Bookstores.If you can sometimes buy a ipad,its the best Thing what i bought in the Last Time.You can make everything with it,you can listen music,you can read all Books what you want,you can be online on the web,you can even play words with friends.I can it you very recommend in every Way.I hope you feeling good and you you have not so busy Weekend and you can a little bit relax.We get the puzzlegame from Brigitte and today we both puzzeled together 4 hours!The Weather here in Germany stay the next days so beautiful like the Last Days and we enjoy it with every second.Now we ant go in the City and eat Big french fries with a lot of Ketchup!Yummy!Oh if you have an ipad we can skype together with it because there 2 Cameras and its works very good.I wish you a nice sunday and when you go to breakfast eat some delicous for me.I thinking of you your mandy