Friday, March 16, 2012

Thank God It's Friday!!!

I seem to live for the weekends don't I? Then during the weekend, I'm so busy I can't wait to get to work to relax! Oh well, I don't want to wish my life away! It goes fast enough!

Thank you all for your birthday wishes. I didn't have a great birthDAY because we had our little doggy at the vet that day. She's been feeling bad all week and we had to take her to Animal 911 in Skokie. They are very good and efficient there and told us she has a mild case of pancreatitis and was a bit dehydrated. We left after paying almost $600 and armed with a ton of medicine. She is still not feeling well so we're taking her to our vet today. They may keep her overnight to give her fluids and food. She's not eating at all.  My poor DH has been on duty all night with her and takes her outside whenever she thinks she has to go but nothing comes out. : (  Say a little prayer for our baby girl!

I did make it to Thursday Knit Night at Woolly Lamb last night and was truly surprised. There was a ton of food and two cakes; one was a St. Patrick's Day cake and our dear friend Wayne made me a personal cake and cupcakes for everyone. Everything was so delicious and I thank everyone for their thoughtfulness and remembering my birthday. I am truly blessed to have so many thoughtful friends and family members.

The boys are coming home from Vegas tonight. Gregory was up earlier this week but I texted him last night because we hadn't heard from him. I asked him to buy me a birthday present with his winnings. He texted back that he will be lucky if he comes home with what he started with. Oh well, no present for me! I guess it's best if he comes back even rather than losing it all! After all, you have to gamble in Vegas and they're not going to let you walk away with that much $$$$. 

(Closest I could get to a St. Patrick's Day picture - Auntie Elaines hat in from of my Shamrock placemat!)

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone. Please don't drink and drive this weekend; take a cab or public transportation. Be the designated driver. The life you save could be your own!

No comments: