Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Monday!

Mondays just keep coming don't they? I guess we should be happy they do!

The weekend was very busy for me. I had a dentist appointment on Saturday and found out I did indeed crack my tooth. Luckily this tooth had a root canal so I'm in no pain. If it wasn't, I would be in some real pain. Thank God for root canals? Anyway, I will need to see an oral surgeon and find out the extent of the break to determine if I can get a crown for this tooth since a this tooth never got a crown. Oh well, more pain, expense and time off from work. I also had my teeth cleaned and they found only one cavity (besides the stupid cracked tooth!)

Of course I stopped at the card shop and bought some goodies for several people. Archiver's is very close to the dentist's office so while I was waiting to see dentist, I stopped there too! It would be a shame if I didn't use that time to shop since the stores were nearby! I bought a ribbon cutter (yes, of course you need a battery operated ribbon cutter - it also seals the cut end....don't you hate when you cut ribbon and it frays? I also bought something new that I saw to make cuts in paper to thread the ribbon that I just cut with the ribbon cutter! Come on now, I haven't been to Archiver's in a long time! The pet shop is next door to Archiver's so I also stopped and got some treats for the DD (dear dog.)

My youngest son came home with two of this friends this weekend. They stayed overnight at our house so they could go to the airport and fly out for Spring Break in Vegas! We took them out for pizza and then they stayed out to have some fun on their own. I wish I could go somewhere for Spring Break! (I wouldn't even mind just staying home for Spring Break!) Ha-Ha!!

Sunday I watched a bit of the North Side Irish Parade. It was mostly politicians but the weather was so beautiful I didn't mind standing and watching. Then, of course, I made it to Woolly Lamb! We had a great time and were invited to the St. Patrick's Day party next door at the Salon, Do or Dye. They had so much food and beverages to share with us. We really enjoyed ourselves and got a bit of knitting done too! Our Dear friend Tom, once again, brought a beautiful new pattern and we got a jump on our April project. I will post pictures tomorrow of the progress I'm making on my March project, the April project, and my Maggie Jackson wrap, shawl, stole - whatever you want to call it!

Once again, I forgot my cell phone at home this morning. I was so busy getting the crock pot beef stew dinner ready that I forgot about the phone. Oh well, at least dinner will be ready when I get home tonight!

Have a wonderful day and I will try to post some pictures tonight or tomorrow!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear Colleen,you should try more relaxe on your weekends;),a dentist appointment isnt always nice and i am so glad you dont have pain.I hate it to go to a dentist.I hope you feel now better.I can understand why you bought a ribbon cutter because i dont like it too to make a great gift with wonderful ribbon and after cutting looks terrible.But i dont know there are with battery.Cool Thing!I hope Greg has a great Time in Vegas.The Pics from the ST.Patrick Parade looks all so great,thank you again.More can you read in my messages what i send on your Cell Phone.Tommorow is my last work Day for the next 3 weeks and i will be so happy if it tomorrow to the same Time.Today we get too you fantastic Postcard with the amazing View of Chicago.Thank you so much and our Collections will be bigger and bigger and thats so nice.Thomas is sleeping right now because he must get up at 2 o clock in the morning.Its terrible early but oh well!What do think about puzzle?Brigitte will send us a big one with 500 pieces with a pic of white Chicago.I love it to puzzle and i hope we will find a nice Frame.I will send you a pic when i have it finnish.I wish you a nice evening with the crock pot beef stew and hope it taste deliciuos.I am thinking of you!