Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hump Day - Wednesday!

Good morning,
I was very surprised when I came home last night! I had a busy day at work and a long commute home due to some train problems. When I arrived home, a "SWEET"surprise from Germany was waiting for me - my dear friends, Mandy and Thomas sent me some delicious chocolates from Germany. They are so good - I'm not sure I want to share them!! I am very blessed to have such wonderful friends. It's a shame they are so far away!

I also received some good news from my brother. He is coming over tonight to cook dinner for us! Pulled pork, cole slaw and something else. It will be nice for my DH and I to come home and not have to worry about dinner! We will provide the dessert; maybe an ice cream cake roll!

I'm almost done reading my latest book Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchy (not Finding Frankie as I thought - it's tough to be old!) It has been a really good read and I've enjoyed it immensely. I just downloaded another book onto my Kindle from the library this morning by Danielle Steel; Hotel Vendome. I'll probably skim it if it turns out to be a typical Danielle Steel book. I also got the latest Nicholas Sparks book; The Lucky One from the library last night. It's a two week loan book so I now have two books to read within two weeks! Oh well, I have a long commute every day and a lunch break so you know what I will be doing! I love reading! I also want to read a book my dear friend Mandy has recommended about Steve Jobs. So much to read and so little time! Just like my knitting and scrapping. Maybe I should quit working? : ) Ha-ha!! Then I couldn't afford to do all the above things! Luckily I love my job!

Off to work I go now. Still a few personal things I need to do before I start at 9:00 a.m. Have a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi Colleen,thank you so much for this wonderful Blog what you have write today,i must many to laugh because your Humor is so great.Particularly i have read where you write the Candys are so good you are not sure if you share it with somebody,really great your Humor,i Love it!Yes thats right the Candys are very good and all just only for you!We are so happy you like it,thats nice!And Friends are there to make a Day with a liitle Think to a Shining Day even its outside raining,like you for us and we for you.The second Time where i must laugh is where you write,maybe you should quit your Job to do all
Things you love,thats so funny!The Life for you is Not boring and thats important,and you have a nice Job of
course too.I am happy for you to hear our Dinner today
must not you cooking,thats cool and i wish you a great
Dinner.I wish me in the last Time so often to be with
you,its like you say really a big Shame we are so far away from you.When wie can live with you i am so sure we would so many Time make uncertain together many Starbucksshops and have a funny Time together.Have a nice Evening and enjoy it.Many Hugs to you,Mandy

Mandy Schröder said...

I forget to say please eat for me a BIG Piece from the Ice Cream Roll this Evening and dont worry about Dave Exam,he get it you will see with the best Notes.