Friday, March 30, 2012

A Rainy Morning in Chicago

I love to sit inside my house, with a cup of tea, maybe a scone, watching the rain fall, listening to the thunder and watching the lightening. However, I hate to be going to work while all this is going on and running between the raindrops to my office building. Yuk! I hate to be wet with all my clothes on and sit in an office! It's a rainy morning here in beautiful downtown Chicago. It's strange to hear the rain falling outside while you're at the bottom of the stairs going out of the "L" station deciding whether or not to go up and get wet. The sky is dark and it looks very eery outside! It's supposed to get better later this afternoon and much better this weekend. Enough of the weather report!
Speaking of weekend - YEAH it's Friday! What a wonderful day Friday is even if it's raining! No grocery shopping today and I'll come home to a clean house - my first time to have a cleaning lady come and clean for me. I hope she doesn't tell my friends how messy and dirty my house is! : ) It will be so nice to have a clean house for the weekend. Too bad she can't cook and do my laundry too! Then I would have all the time in the world to knit, scrap and quilt!

Had a fun time at knitting last night. I did a lot of knitting on my April project - a drop stitch scarf. I also blocked my March scarf Wednesday night and it looks beautiful. Can't wait to wear it. I'm planning to put the tassels on the scarf I made last year so I might be able to wear it this year! Things are coming along. Watch for the posting on Sunday (April Fool's Day) of my Maggie Jackson Shawl. I have it 90% completed and will finish it tonight or on Saturday, it's a beautiful garment if I must say so myself!

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my Colleen,can you tell your cleaning lady please if she is ready with your home she can come to us and can make our home clean:)))))What for a nice Idea from you to have a cleaning lady,is she very expensiv,sorry if i ask you but i know that the cleaning ladys more make Money in one our with their Job as a man in a Factory.But you make it so right to grant some Luxery like this.Yes so a shit(sorry but its true)is only nice if you are at Home,but after rain comes the sun back and rain is necessary for all nice Flowers.I am looking forward for tomorrow if we celabrate the Birthdayparty from Thomas Mother.At first we eat a big Birthday Cake(i will send you a pic)at her Home and then we go to our Favorite greek Restaurant in the City.Oh i am already now full if i only think about it.:)Have a wonderful weekend too and enjoy your Time at Woolly Lamb on Sunday.