Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Beautiful Day in Chicago

Did your candidate win yesterday? Did you vote? I love the story about two drunk voting judges...typical Chicago politics. I also like the story about the judge selling candy at the polling place! Talk about a captive audience!

Can you believe this beautiful weather in Chicago? It's beyond my thinking that on March 20, 2012 I walk out of my office and find a restaurant next door all set up for outside eating and at full capacity! I can't believe how lucky we are. I hope we don't pay for it next winter or this summer with 100 degree days!

The 16 year old mini-van is back up and running like new - ha-ha! It turned out to be a computer something or another problem. That was replaced along with something that keeps the front end from falling down! There is a problem with Dodge mini-vans - the struts rust out and look like they're going to fall down. (it also could be the darn car is 16 YEARS OLD!) Anyway, that was fixed and $1,300 later - good as new - until something else goes wrong! PWT - that's what we are (Poor White Trash!)

The good news is that the DD (Dear Dog) is well and back on track. The only problem is we'll never get her to eat dog food again! She LOVES the hamburger and rice/spaghetti/noodles we've been feeding her. She thinks that's her new diet! She goes to the vet again tomorrow because now she has a growth on the inside of her eyelid that is draining and ucky stuff comes out of her eye. She may need to have it surgically removed and then wear a collar - poor baby - it's tough getting old!

My Maggie Jackson wrap is coming along nicely. Now if I can only find the time to finish sewing it at home so I don't take up too much time at class! I will get it done before the end of the month if not by April 2!!! I've also started (year, I know I have start-i-tis) a new summer cowl. It's in a great shade of orange and has a honeycomb pattern. As soon as I have done another few rows that really show the pattern, I'll post a picture. I'm still working on the March Woolly Lamb Knitting project and have already started the April project. Still need to start and complete the January project. So much knitting, so little time!

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go.......

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear Colleen,was you vote yesterday and win your candidate?I dont know Romney but i think if he won in Illinois so mean that a Little Bit because Obama comes from Chicago,Illinois.But i think he is not really a Competition for Obama.Lets See what the 6th November will bring.I was today with my mom after our visit in the Hospital because my Dad had his Operation today in the City and we enjoy it so much this fantastic weather here!All People were sitting outside in the Café and Restaurants.We both eat Maultaschen(thats Nudist filled with Fresh cheese ot vegetable or meat,we eat with Fresh cheese)and salad.Cars are when they are broken extremly expensive i know but its Fine your Car is running again!I German means Car Auto and my Dad Say always a beginns with a and is ending with o!And thats so right!I am so glad sable is back again,its like a Old People when we get older we Need more Care and Love and Docs.I hope you find all the Time you need for knitting all your Projekts,i have a Good idea make Vacations so you have many Time for all!I must so loud laugh if i had read your last sentence,hi ho hi ho.....Thats so funny i like your Humor so much and our Friendship.Untill the next Time i am looking forward for your next Blog.