Friday, March 9, 2012

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

Hello and I apologize for my absence! This week was the dreaded "MONTHLY REPORT" week. This is a major part of my job and it actually takes one week to complete! (No kidding!)  Mountains of paper print at 12:00 midnight on the second (or third) day of each month. I then have to "shuffle" these papers and send them out to people who probably don't care about them or even look at them. I send approximately 700 pieces of mail out. That's a lot of paper shuffling!!! Instead of "playing" for an hour when I get to work early each day, I started working on the report. That's why I haven't posted since Tuesday. It's done now so I can breath a sigh of relieve, at least until April 1 (April Fool's Day!)

I actually had a wonderful week, once I got  home each night. One night I came home and had two surprises; one was a post card telling me I get a free cup of Starbuck's coffee since it's my birthday (March 14.) The other was a pink change purse I received from Brighton. My DH celebrated his 25th year at work and they gave him a brochure to pick out a gift. He didn't see anything he wanted so he gave it to me. I picked out a beautiful Brighton purse. Once I sent in the warranty card, they sent me a lovely little pink purse. I will post a pic another time.

Then the next day I came home and received a wonderful surprise from my dear friends in Germany, Mandy and Thomas. They remembered my birthday (March 14) with a beautiful necklace - and it was my favorite color - RED! I was so surprised and excited. I will take a picture of it when I'm wearing it and post this weekend. They also sent a cute little card with a shamrock and a lady bug on it! I think I'll frame it and keep it on my desk at work so I can think of them whenever I look at it!

I was also thrilled last night when I came home and received a lovely thank you note from my Aunt Elaine. She loved the hat I made for her and she said it looks beautiful on her! I'm so happy she liked it!

So all in all, it was a great week - once I got home! Ha-ha!! Unfortunately I didn't make it to knitting last night because I was so worn out with work and all the excitement at home! :  )

Until the next time...........

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Wow your week was on the one side very exhausting for you and i can good understand you are glad now its over,and on the other side a week with many love and gifts what you get.Thats so nice and we are happy for you.I am looking forward so extremly much to see the pic if you are wearing the necklace.And its a beautiful idea to make the cute shamrock card in a frame and to keep it on your desk at work.Its sad to know you could not go to knitting at woolly lamb because the many work but the next time will come.I would expect no different that your aunt Elaine love your hat.What you do you do it always with love and thats see anybody.Thanks your posting of our surprise for you,thats make us very proud and we are so glad to make you a joy with this necklace.We wish you a nice weekend and hope you have a good time with your family and friends.