Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Good Morning from Downtown Chicago!

Almost done with the Maggie Wrap! I just have a bit more to do and will definitely finish it by the end of the week; my goal date. I will post a picture by April 1 - no April Fool! Once Carol finishes hers, we're going to take a picture with Carol, Liz and myself wearing our wraps and I will post it. Each of us made one in a different color.

My next project for Monday night class will be to complete a half finished Maggie vest. My goal for completion of this garment is the end of April! It's in a very soft blue linen color. I can't wait to get to that one! I think I must set a goal to finish one item each month. It is doable since many of my items are unfinished projects or UFO's and a lot of the work has been done already! I'll be cleaning out those projects like 60!

I am really enjoying my library Kindle book; Finding Frankie by Maeve Binchy. I'm about half-way done and need to finish it soon as I have to pick up a physical book tonight from the library; The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks. Can't wait to start that one! One thing my job has done for me has been to rekindle (no pun intended) my love for reading. I'm still on the waiting list at the library for the DVD The Descendants. I can't bring myself to pay $20.00 for the DVD and never watch it again. I can wait for the library copy! I have also rediscovered my love for the library. 

The Woolly Lamb ladies are still planning to have a monthly "quilting bee" during the summer. I am excited about this as that's really the only time I quilt because there's no Sunday knitting at Woolly Lamb. Brigitte closes on Sundays during the summer. It's sad for is but then we have a great celebration when she opens again on Sundays in October. We'll do just about anything for a party!

Heard from a voice from the past at LUMC yesterday. What a treat to know that people there are still thinking about me! I do miss so many people there! I am making friends here at my new job and enjoying learning from these young people. They are so smart! It's a new world for me and I am learning new things every day! Hopefully I am also helping them learn new things too!

Until the next time....

2 comments:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear Colleen,I am looking forward to see the Pic with you and Liz and Carol where you show your Maggie Wrap,it must look so nice!I can good believe that you have not enough Time to make all your Projects what you want to do,bur you get with Patience i am sure!And all will be look so great!You love it to go like my Mother in the Library to get Books.My Mother go to the Library every Week and get 1 or 2 Books.She love it like you and me to read.The Quilting Bee during the summer when Brigitte has closed on Sunday Woolly Lamb will be a nice Alternative and Idea too.So its the Time not so long untill October when Woolly Lamb is open again.Its make me happy to hear that there are people from LUMC who are still thinking about you.Thats nice and show you how love you this people there.But i must say thats no Wonder for me because a lovely person like you must they love.And i believe you when you say you making friends at your new Job and you can learn from they but i am so sure they can learn from you too with your many Experiences.Today was the Birthday from Thomas Mother and we invited her and her Husband and Father from Thomas to the Lunch.It was very nice.On Saturday is the big Party at first at her Home with many Cake and after then we go to a Greek restaurant for the Dinner.From the Birthdaycake i will send you a pic of course.I am thinking of you and untill the next Time,your Mandy

Juanita Plock said...

Love my Kindle too!! Isn't it just a wonder! Been reading your blog and enjoying it. Has David heard about his bar exam yet? So hard to wait!!