Monday, March 19, 2012

Good Morning Summer!

I can't believe the beautiful weather we enjoyed this past weekend! It was actually hot on March 18th! Who would believe you'd be wearing shorts on March 18th in Chicago? What a wonderful weather pattern we've enjoyed this year. Today is another nice day with a chance of rain...but we actually do need rain!

My weekend started out enjoyable. However, it quickly went downhill.... Sable was very sick but I am happy to report she is on the mend and eating like a pig! We're still waiting for the solid BM (sorry if you're eating breakfast now) so once that happens, we're golden. Have to give a status update to the doctor this morning and find out what our next move it.

We went to pick up the boys at the airport after their "Vegas Spring Break Vacation" (maybe we can make a movie?) on Friday night at 10:30. After missing the departure level (my DH likes to pick up from that level) 3 times, my 16 year old car died right in the middle of nowhere somewhere within the maze of the expressway and the airport. Going 60 miles an hour and it just dies. Luckily it was late and there wasn't a lot of traffic. Unfortunately we didn't know where we were! We could see the expressway and the "EL" but had no idea where we were to have a tow truck come and save us. I said we should call 911 and tell them and no sooner had I said that and look out the window and a blessed Chicago Police Officer drove up. SAVED!!! He called a tow truck for us and they towed us to the cell phone lot. Once the tow truck came, he drove me to the taxi stand at the airport so I could take a cab to the Cumberland station and pick up the boys. I had a great conversation with the lady who was in charge there. Very friendly person!  (However, That's where my adventure began but I don't want to talk about that fiasco - suffice to say I HATE CAB DRIVERS WHEN THEY SAY "I HAVE A SHORT RUN!") Anyway, alls well that ends well; the boys and I made it home (thanks to our local cab company), Tom made it home with the car after calling our tow truck, and we're all still alive and not in jail. Yes, it was an adventure. The real shock will be when we hear what the cost will be to fix my car! : {  Now we're only working with one car! Thank God I don't drive to work anymore!

By the way, the boys had a great time in Vegas and really enjoyed living the high life thanks to one of their rich friends who went along. I said, enjoy it when you can! It's just unfortunately that Uncle Stevie wasn't there to show them the hot spots in Vegas that only a Vegas cab driver can show!

I was happy when our Abt service person (I say service person because it was a woman!) came on Saturday morning to look at my stove. The oven wasn't heating and all it needed was a new thermo something or another and it works like a charm now. She was really knowledgeable and knew exactly what was wrong before she even came in the house. Fifteen minutes later and it was as good as new! Saved about $500.00 because we didn't need a new stove. As my DH said, what do we need a new stove for? You only use the oven once or twice a year! Now, how do you think we're going to heat up our weekly frozen pizza if we don't have an oven? : ) He is partially correct, I don't cook that much and it would have killed me to buy a new stove just for frozen pizza! Ha-Ha!!

My one salvation was going to Woolly Lamb on Sunday. We had a great time, some of us exercised on our new equipment and some of us went for a walk. Slugs like me just sat munching Irish Soda Break slathered with Irish butter and sliced pears! What a life! It is a joy going to knit there with Brigitte and the gang! I even got a chance to Skype with Mandy!

Well, I promise to post some pictures soon. Until then, this is a picture of the skeleton hat I knit for Gregory. Not sure if he'll be wearing it anytime too soon! : )

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear Colleen,yes its really unbelievelble how nice and warm the weather is in Chicago and here in Germany too.i enjoy like you every sunshine and hope the next days will be so nice too!I can not say you how glad i am sable is feeling better now.Thats make me so happy.It seems to me that not Greg had a adventure in Vegas but you on the highway;)But sometimes say the best car no i want more.But the important Thing is you are all good come home with a big adventure in memories.Its a good idea to let come one person for your stove to make it ok so you can save a lot of Money.Yes it was a so nice surprice to see you on skype at woolly lamb and i was happy to see you again.We should make a new date for skype,what do you think?I miss you and can not wait to take you in my arms.I wish sable the best and hope she feel better more in the next days.I was today with Thomas together at hairdresser and now i have my hair short how i like it.Today i have bought for my ipad in the store ibooks the Biographie from johnny cash with the name CASH.I bought it there for 10 euros what not expensive is because in bookshop in the city you can buy it for 30 euros.its have almost 800 sites but its very good to read.I wish you still a good week and hope you have not so many work.