Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Good morning!
Sitting here at work with a mug of coffee and two delicious chocolate chip cookies left over from our February Birthday celebration. My boss made them and they are delicious! There's a few other things left over but not worth eating! : )

Tonight is Thursday Knit Night at Woolly Lamb! I can't wait to see everyone, especially Gladys. She just retired; Tuesday was her last day of work. She'll have lots of time to play Word With Friends now! I was justing thinking this morning that I won't be able to retire for another 10 years! Yikes! Will I live to be 65? I sure hope so! I will never say I'm bored once I do retire because I have so many hobbies! Ten years seems like an awfully long time....

Tonight at Woolly Lamb I will be working on a red scarf kit I bought on line. A percentage of the proceeds goes to the American Heart Association. The pattern is supposed to be hearts and it sort of does look like hearts. It is a Red Heart Yarn product. (Something Brigitte does NOT sell!) I didn't think the yarn would be too bad but I was mistaken! I started knitting on Sunday and the yarn was course, scratchy, and awful to work with. It was an acrylic yarn and felt like twine you use to wrap packages with! I stopped knitting with it and switched to a beautiful merino wool yarn - what a difference. Of course, it's red! Pictures to follow tonight. I hope to get more of it done tonight so you can see the pattern. I plan to give the crappy yarn to one of my fellow knitterladies. She gives yarn to prisoners so they can learn to knit.

Today is Thursday so that means tomorrow is Friday! YEAH!!! I love the weekends and this weekend shouldn't be too busy so that's even better! I also feel 100% better than last week Thursday so the weekend will be that much better! Enjoy the day; we're supposed to have beautiful weather today (for February); 48 degrees for a high with sunshine! Who could ask for anything more!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

i hope you will be 100 so i can spend a lot of time with you together.