Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Good morning!
It's been very busy at work this week so I haven't had a chance to blog. I had the dreaded "monthly report" to get ready for on Thursday and then start sorting on Friday, Monday, Tuesday and possibly Wednesday. It's a very labor intensive project that happens once a month - what does that remind you of? : ) I was introduced to this report on the second day on the job....not a great thing! Oh well, I "own" it now and will do the best job I can do! It's not as bad as it was last month because it's just January - last month was the year-end! I do have a very knowledgeable teacher who is very patient!

Busy day today; had my mammogram, went to the post office, the library, Starbucks for a cup of coffee and then the foot doctor! And it's jut 11:30 a.m.! What a morning! Glad that's all done! Next weekend I get my hair cut and colored and then go to the dentist! Now I need to make a doctor appointment to see how my blood sugar and cholesterol are doing. I hate busy weekends! Sundays, of course, are reserved for knitting and chatting at Woolly Lamb Yarn Studio!

Our February Woolly Lamb project is the "Snappy Hat" using Sulka yarn. This is a hat with beautiful cables. Mine will be a darker blue color. Although it's hard to tell on this picture what color it is!


Another "crack" project we have is a ruffled scarf made with a new yarn called "Ric Rac." This is a Berroco yarn and totally new and exciting. I bought two skeins (of course, not just one); a red and a brownish color. I hope to make one ASAP to show you. It's not knitted, it's wound in a little cake and then you use a crochet hook to put it togther - we'll see what happens!

One of my fellow knitters had a lovely shawl on Thursday night. It's called the Boneyard Shawl designed by Stephen West. I printed the pattern from Ravely and plan to make it using sock yarn. (I have lots of that around!) Pictures to follow.

So much yarn and patterns and not enough time!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and be sure to smile - it makes people wonder what you're thinking!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Makes your Yarn warm Socks?Its so cold here and i have always frozen feets and i hate it so much!!!!!!!For several days we have extremly cold days and its terrible.I wish you more time to make your many Projects and many fun At Woolly Lamb Today.