Monday, February 13, 2012

Monday, February 13, 2012 - Back to The Living

Sorry about my long absence! I "took sick" early last week and am finally feeling almost 100%. I had a bad cold and actually had to call in sick after working for a month and a half! I felt bad but needed the relaxation and had to go to the doctor. As it turned out, I had the dreaded - PINK EYE! I hate getting that because it's so contagious. Luckily I only had it in one eye and it really doesn't hurt. After 24 hours of eye drops, I wasn't contagious and am feeling much better. Back to work for me today! Yeah!!!!

I didn't feel like knitting at all last week. I didn't even make it to the Thursday Knit Night at Woolly Lamb! I also wasn't able to go to knitting on Sunday. In spite of being sick, I had a very busy weekend. Saturday we took our Sable to the vet and spent $350.00 on her; blood test, meds, visit. Then I went to have my hair cut and colored. After that, I had to go to the dentist and found I had two cracked teeth - due to grinding and clenching my teeth! Do I have a lot of stress????? Oh well, it's only money. Then on Sunday we went up to Milwaukee to visit my youngest son. We went to lunch, cleaned his apartment a bit, changed his sheets, and then went grocery shopping. We finally got home about 4:00 and were both thoroughly exhausted!! It was all we could do to stay up for the Grammy Awards show!

Such a shame about Whitney Houston. She was so beautiful and talented. Now they say she may have drowned in the tub after taking something to relax her. I don't think it was drugs that killed her, it was just an accident. She died much too early!

Well, back to work again. I hope to have some pictures of the progress of some of my knitting projects soon but don't hold your breath!

Happy Valentine's Day (tomorrow) and make sure you do your best today and always!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

i am so happy you write again,i missed it so much and was everyday sad if you not write.But i know how do you feel in this moment and can you understand why do you not write the last days.Did you have anything of your weekend?Not really so how do you write.But i am happy too you feel better with your eyes,thats nice for me to know!I want that you always are ok and if not that makes me sad.Do you look the grammy show on TV?i am a big fan of adele and that she win 3 grammys are so great.i love her music very much.Yes its true its sad whitney is dead but this her own debt so i think because she lived with drugs and alcohol always and anywhere so it was only a question of time like amy winehouse.Happy valentine day for you and your husband!!!