Friday, February 24, 2012

I'm Back!!! - Friday, February 24, 2012

Yeah! I can, once again, post on my blog at work. I guess the $20.00 I slipped our IT guy helped....no, I didn't really because I don't know any of them and I don't think $20.00 would get me anywhere! I haven't had any problems with the computer - yet - so I'm not worrying. As long as I can get onto my blog before starting my day, I'm happy.

Well, we did get some snow last night - not a lot but enough to turn most drivers into bad drivers. The "L" was running well but people have to try to move to the middle of the train when they get on a crowded car instead of just standing at the doors in the way! If I ran the CTA....I'd make sure there were no stinky burning smells on the train!

My son is taking the bar exam next week so keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I've been praying for him to pass it so he can put it behind him and get a job! His girlfriend surprised me yesterday with a beautiful new knitting book; Last Minute Knitted Gifts http://www.amazon.com/  I was so touched and surprised that she thought of me when she was shopping at the book store. I told her this is how my Mother must have felt when I brought home a little gift for her! I took the book to Woolly Lamb last night and showed it off to everyone. All the ladies were looking at it and saying how beautiful it was. I have to sit down and look it over myself - just haven't had the time yet!

Tonight I start on Aunt Elaine's hat! I'm very excited about making it and possibly making one for myself. After that, I am going to start on the Pencil Scarf for Brittany, my niece! It is so adorable and she asked me if I could make it. I'll try! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/crochet-pencil-scarf

Well, I need to check my email and Facebook and then it's on to work. I actually get to work an hour early because my DH drops me off at the "L" a bit early so I do all my comptering before I punch in!

Have a great weekend and I'll post some pics of my progress on the hat!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

I am was surprised you have write something in your blog and i dindt read it but i saw you write it in the evening so it was here in Germany night.I am happy that you can write again in your Blog at Work.Snow makes the World sometimes so crazy that the poeple think it never comes a tomorrow.Its the same here there are some flakes on the street and the world is standing on the head.Really teribble!I will pray for David so he get his Bar Exam but i think this isnt necessary because he is good!!!Its very nice of the girlfriend from David to make you so a nice Gift.She must love you like me.But i think you like her very much too so is it for me good to understand that she do that.i wish you many pleasure if you make elains hat and the scarf for your niece.I saw the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts and i think this book is make it for you.Knitting is your passion and all things are always welcome as gift.So sorry for me to know that i am maybe the one and only who read your blog but as you know i read with fun and love and enjoy it every day again without yesterday where i am still shocked that i only read now and i could´t comment on.Till tomorrow at 11 o clock your time at skype.I am looking forward to see and talk with you again.