Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Mine was most excellent!

Saturday morning I Skyped with my dear friends Mandy and Thomas who live in Germany. We had a great time chatting and laughing! I can't wait until they come to Chicago later this year. We're going to have so much fun, especially at Starbucks! : )

Saturday night we celebrated a fellow knitter's retirement from the Chicago Police Department. What a wonderful night of eating, drinking and dancing! We all had a wonderful time! Thanks for driving Ro! I am so jealous of Gladys!!!!

Sunday morning was our usual breakfast out and then I went to Woolly Lamb to knit. As usual, we had a wonderful time together! I finished Auntie Elaine's hat and just need to block it a bit. I hope she likes it! Here are some pics:


(Notice the Lucky Me shamrock Longaberger octagon placemat as the backdrop!)

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Good Morning my dear Friend Colleen.I get up today and saw outside the sun is shining then after my breakfast the first thing for me to do was reading your blog and there i find so lovely words from you to me and Thomas,can a day better start?No!Thanks for your nice words and you can really believe we think exactly the same like you.We´re going to have so much fun together when we come to Chicago,you can be sure!I hope we can skype together very soon because we enjoy it so much every time to talk and to laugh with you.You will be always in our heart.Its nice to hear the retirement was wonderful and you have there a great Time.Yesterday we tried to skype with Brigitte,but it was possible only for some minutes(i think 10)because there were so many poeple online(32million)so that we are interrupt always.But we try it again on wednesday.You dindt must jealous of Gladys my dear Colleen,its right you must work still 10 years what is a long time but at first you have a great job and sometimes comes your day with your retirement and you can enjoy it.And to this Time is it for Gladys boring.Be happy your Day will come and enjoy your life.I think Gladys will be missing her Job.Elaines Hat looks so cute,i love it!And i am sure she like it!Why can it be now!September,i want stay with you!I hope you have a good beginnig with the Week like me and wish you a nice Week with not so hard work.I am thinking of you.