Monday, June 25, 2012

Monday.....

Hello!
This weekend was great for me! I went to my new favorite quilt shop, Quilter's Destination, in Arlington Heights on Saturday morning. I intended to go to Joanne's Fabric but decided to go there instead! They had a 15% off sale that started on Friday. I figured I would get a better selection of fabric at the quilt store and I did! I also made a stop at the Joanne's Superstore close to the quilt shop.. Boy was that place great! I could really imagine myself working there!

But I digress...I managed to find several Halloween fabrics and a lot of fabric that was 40% off! I bought enough to make seven 10 minute table runners! I cut everything out on Saturday after I came home and then sewed them all day on Sunday! It was great! I'll post some pictures of these table runners soon. I am so in love with these table runners!


Close up of the design.
The chicken and rooster design - my favorite!
I also decided to make some curtains for my kitchen with fabric I've had for over 10 years! I had to do some cutting and a lot of sewing but I think they came out really nice! Unfortunately I only had enough to cover one window. I have coordinating fabric that I will use to make a panel for the other window. Here are some pictures.

Sunday was a great day for sewing! I sewed and watched 4 episodes of Doc Martin and did 4 loads of laundry. I wanted to cut out a pattern for an apron I would like to make - chicken and rooster pattern of course! This will be for all the times I cook! Don't laugh! Unfortunately I ran out of time to cut it and then my back started to hurt! Oh well, a lot of pleasure and a bit of pain. I just popped one of my pain killers from the tooth extraction and I woke up fine!



I also had a nice dinner on Saturday night with my brother Michael. We went to Noodles and then had ice cream later on. A great night with my dear brother! His apartment is being fixed up and I saw the beautiful new floor they put in and the new kitchen cabinets and counter tops. All they need to do now is wash the walls and paint! He stopped smoking so now the apartment will be perfect! Let's hope he keeps up the good work and doesn't start smoking again. He's given up all his bad habits!!!!

I'm close to finishing up the 3 inches I need to knit for the baby hat. It's going very slowly because it's on size 2 needles! I hope to have the 3 inches done tonight and start the top tomorrow! It's just a baby hat but it's taking me so long....maybe because I'm sewing so much! : )

That's it for now. Back to work today wasn't too bad. The weather is wonderful and the day went by fast! Now we just have to get through the week with the 100 degrees they're predicting for Thursday! Think cool thoughts!





No comments: