Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Another Perfect Day in Chicago

I can't believe the great weather we're having. What a wonderful way to start June! I missed my walk to the "L" this morning in this beautiful weather. My DH drove me to the station as I had to get to work a little earlier today. I had to make up some time because I took an early lunch and needed extra time for a doctor appointment. Just a routine visit with my favorite Irishman, Dr. Micheal Maacken (Irish spelling of his name.) All is well! I took a cab there (it was stinky in the cab but at least I got where I wanted to go) but decided to take a bus back. David would be proud of me; I looked at Maps on my iPhone and figured out how to do it! The bus almost took me to my office door! It's that time of the month at the office - monthly report time! This is when we kill as many trees as possible for reports. Luckily I have a lot of help from our dear Runners. They are interns there to help us with whatever needs to be done. A dream come true - and they're great kids! It's still a long process that takes at least 4 days to complete. Oh well, it barely pays the bills! Watched a lot of the Queen's jubilee celebration. Tonight we watched the concert. Is it me or do the old singers, Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, etc sound terrible? Its scary to see them because they all look so old. I'm sure we don't look old now do we? Tom Jones didn't look too bad himself. What happened to my youth? I always say youth is wasted on the young!! I finally finished putting the binding on my Soduko quilt. I still have to press it so I'll post a pic tomorrow. I still haven't chosen a pattern for my first attempt at a queen size quilt. I think I'm a bit scared to commit to something so large. I'll have to keep looking - I have lots of time - no deadline other than that which I impose on myself. Knitting has fallen by the wayside with my quilting. I will be getting back into it; just taking a little break. I'm also looking at my scrap booking since I finally cleaned up the area a bit. Too bad work gets in the way of my creativity! Stevie, (my DB) I hope you found my blog and are enjoying it. I'll sign off for tonight. I'll say what my dear Mother used to say; sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite. Boy, I just thought, that's a scary thing to say now-a-days! ;)

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi Colleen,i am sitting at Breakfast with many Cornflakes and Coffee and read your Blog,i love it and think its a good Decision from you to write in your Blog in the Evening.And i must say i am a little bit jealous at your Weather in Chicago,because here is it terrible,cold and all the Time Rain.Not nice!And i can see on my IPhone the Weather in Chicago will be still better in the next Days!I hope it will be so nice in September!😊I am so glad your irish Doctor say all is ok with you,this is the most important!And thats make me feel good😃Do you go too on Travel with Brigitte and others knitting Ladys at the Weekend,I can not remember how is the Name of the City?If so i wish you many Fun there and a good Time!Brigitte told me this last Monday so we can not unfortunately skyping next Sunday.😒But it will be come a next Sunday.Next Weekend Thomas and me drive to Frankfurt,we have free and stay there over Night.There is the highest Building in Europe and we want get a Foretaste for the ones in Chicago.Today i get my international Drivers License,because now i have One for the European Community.And so i could drive with the Car in Chicago but i must truly say i am not sure if i confidence to drive threr!We will see!I wish you a nice Day and hope the monthly Report goes away very fast.