Thursday, June 14, 2012

Finally Coming Home

Good morning!
My DH has been out-of-town since Tuesday and he's coming home this afternoon! Yeah! I'll be glad to see him as I'm tired of taking care of the dog! Ha-ha!! She isn't really any trouble but she loves to move around in the bed all night! I'm so afraid she'll fall out or worse, want to go out at 3:00 in the morning! Yes, she sleeps with us....I wish we'd never started that but now it's too late. I threatened that she would sleep downstairs last night but when I went to check on her, she was sitting at the bottom of the stairs looking like, hey, you forgot me! So, I put her in the bed with me! She actually wasn't too bad. I slept through until about 4:30. Not bad - she then decided that she needed to get up at about  5:30. I'll accept that! : )

Not a whole lot going on. I've been walking to the "L" in the morning and then walking back home. This is so I can save $5.00 by not driving to the "L" and parking - talk about cheap! I'd rather get the exercise and save money for my crafts! However, all that walking on top of working all day is draining my energy! I just come home from work, eat something simple and sit down in front of the TV and veg! A true couch potato! Sable wants to take a walk but I'm just too tired! Iron poor blood?

I'm still reading up a storm. I finished my Oprah Winfrey 2.0 Book Club book - Wild. It was a great book and one I highly recommend. I also got a cute book from the Library; Goodnight iPad. It's a play on the Goodnight Moon book but for adults. Just talking about the iPad. Very cute! I'm currently reading Now & Then by Jacqueline Sheehan. Not bad but I was disappointed because it's about a woman and her nephew who go back in time to 1844 Ireland. I have to say it has gotten interesting and I can't wait to see how they get back to current time. My next book in the cue is Bloom. It's a true story about a woman who has one little girl and then has another little girl with Downs. Anxious to read that one. I also bought a Nora Roberts paperback book for 50 cents at the library on Saturday. I'm sure it will be good because it's Nora Roberts!

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my dear friend Mandy and her husband Thomas from Germany. I know they won't be here until September but it's getting closer and closer! They're starting to seriously collect US money and laugh because it looks so funny! They already have some paper bills so they're ready! I told Mandy that I think England's money is funny looking! I have to ask her to bring me some German money so I can add it to my collection! I have some Euro coins from Gregory's trip to Rome that I want to give her because we can't exchange them here in the USA. I don't think I'll be going anywhere in the near future to spend them so maybe they can use it!

Well, that's it for now. Tonight is Open Knitting at Woolly Lamb Yarn Studio. I'll be going if only for a while - I won't be walking home tonight so I may have some energy!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Hi my dear friend Colleen,its always nice to read your Blog.Thats right our arrival its getting closer and closer and we wish we could come today and not in September because we are looking forward so much,you never will believe.Of course i will bring you some german Money for your Collection with pleasure!I cant wait to hug you and to spend a great time with you.That will be funny,i am sure!Your paper bills looks really so funny like Gamemoney from Monopoly.But this are all nice new experiences for us and we enjoy that with every Breath.I think we are not aware what we can enjoy there.In my wildest Dreams i never!!!!think i will one Day see one of the most beautiful city like Chicago and have such great Friends like you and Brigitte!I will be forever grateful for this!Sorry that i say now but i love your Sable and her behavior to you,i must so loud laugh if i have read what happend in the Night with you and her.She is so cute.I wish i have so a nice Dog like her but we have no Time for a Dog,unfortunalety!Today starts the Summer here in Germany yeeaah!The Sun is shining and its warm.I want say to you i am a couch potato too.Sometimes i am so lazy that can i told nobody!But we do our work with every Fiber of our Body so its no Wonder if we are sometimes a little Bit lazy,or?Sometimes i am so tired that i dont read anythink,the Steve Jobs on my Ipad say always hi i am still here,but i say no thank you!One Day till Weekend,i wish you a nice one and a good Time at Wolly Lamb in the Evening.Love your Mandy