Monday, June 18, 2012

Hot Monday...

We're in a stretch of very hot weather this week. I really don't like it but I am in an air conditioned office building all day and an air conditioned house all evening so I really can't complain!

Today was a very busy day at work. We're sending out over 600 financial statement books to our partners and I have to get them all shipped out. Seems like all I do is stuff envelopes and ship them out! : ) Oh well, the day goes by very quickly when you're busy! I do enjoy my job now and am finally getting used to going downtown on the "L!"

I'm so excited today because I got two new quilt books in the mail. I'd been looking for "Lets Do Lunch" but no one seemed to have it. I found it on Amazon.com and another one, "Happy Hour." Both books are by Terry Atkinson, a popular quilt pattern designer. This is the table runner I wanted to make from the first book;

I might also try these other two projects!
Wine Tote
Lynn's Tote


The wine tote could be a very nice Christmas gift!

The other book has some nice quilt, pillow, bags and table runner patterns. I'm going to enjoy these books!

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed making the 10 minute table runner yesterday. There are so many fabric combinations; the choices are endless. I can imaging holiday table runners for every holiday!

Well, the evening is getting away from me again. I hope to have some more of the baby hat knit by the next time I post pictures. It's such a small hat, I should have finished it by now!

No comments: