Sunday, June 17, 2012

Another Great Weekend - Aren't They All!!!!

Hello family and friends,
I had a tough start to the weekend on Friday but Saturday and Sunday more than made up for it!

I went to my favorite quilt shop, The Quilt Basket, in Downers Grove on Saturday with great expectations...unfortunately, as life can do sometimes, I was disappointed. I still like the shop in Northbrook, Quilter's Heaven, better even though they didn't give me great service because of their selection of fabric! Isn't that funny! Not great service at The Quilt Basket either. Oh well. I haven't been able to find the fabric for my special quilt yet....I'll keep looking!


I did manage to find some fabric at the Quilt Basket and made a 10 minute table runner! Here are two pictures. The fabric is a beautiful turquoise blue with gold in it. Very pretty and a very easy pattern to follow. I even found a YouTube video on it and followed that!
A very easy pattern indeed!

White Fabric
Pattern
Black Fabric
I also decided to look at some fabric for another quilt I'd like to make. It's the Black & White & Red All Around! Here is the pattern and fabric.
Red fabric and black binding

After leaving the quilt store, I had a nice lunch and then went to the knit shop in Downers Grove, Kniche, just down the block. Much to my disappointment, the shop was gone! I guess they went out of business. Oh well, I guess that's better for my wallet...saved $$$$!

I texted several of my knitting friends in the morning and asked them to come over to my house and  have dinner, knit a bit, drink some wine and watch "The Vow." Well, we did all of the above with the exception of the movie! Never got around to it but we did have a great time just the four of us! I did watch the movie today and it was very good. I cried, laughed and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love Rachel McAdams!

Another project I completed on Sunday, besides the 10 minute table runner was a Halloween table runner. I cut the fabric previously so it was just a matter of sewing and pressing it. I think it turned out great. Now I have to do the hard part, quilt it and put the binding on! At least the top is done!
Halloween table runner



And, last but not least, an update on the baby hat from the yarn I got last weekend. Just a bit completed but I wanted to try to show the pattern. It's called Moire. The part closest to my fingers is the top. The rolled end is the bottom. A very cute hat and I can't wait until I can start the little socks. I just hope I have enough yarn! Maybe I should go back to the knit shop and get some more? : )
All in all, another great weekend. My DH had a nice Father's Day and received cards and/or calls from his children. Now it's back to work! I wonder what I'll complete next weekend? Maybe the baby hat, maybe put the tassels on my scarf that I knit last year, maybe cut some fabric for another quilt...the sky's the limit!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

All Pics looking great but i like especially the Halloween Table Runner.Was this many Work to do that?I am so happy you had a nice Weekend.Thank you again for the nice Invitation to your House and the Trip to Milwaukee and and of course the Backyard Party with all Knitter Ladys and Tom.This will be a great Time together,i am sure!We both are speechless what you all do with us and looking forward very much to do that together with you!Our Visit in Frankfurt was nice.In the Evening we were at the Airport and all we wanted to set ourselves on a plane and would fly to Chicago.But no we must wait a liitle Bit.We stay overnight in a not expensive Hotel in the City of Frankfurt(we paid for both of us with Breakfast only 89€=113$)and we will stay there too in September the Night before we come to Chicago and the Night after we are back from Chicago.Then its still cheaper for us(67€=85$) with Breakfast,because we booked our Rooms yet yesterday online.And the earlier you book the cheaper it is.Dont work too hard my dear Colleen,many Love and Hugs to you