Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Great Saturday!

Good morning!
I had a great Saturday! I had my hair cut and colored - finally! My hairdresser canceled my appointment last weekend due to her son's graduation from Greek School. I totally understood but my hair didn't! It just kept on turning gray! Now I'm happy!

Afterwards, I gave myself a girls afternoon! (Even though it was by myself!) I took a trip to another quilt shop, Quilter's Heaven in Northbrook. This was the second shop on my Quilt Shop Hop. It's nice to go to these shops because they all give you a 15% discount and you get to see different shops! It was a nice ride on Waukegan Road on a beautiful day. The shop is an old house on Shermer Road. I walked in and was pleasantly surprised. They had SOOO much fabric. It was a typical old house with little rooms, etc., and an upstairs with little rooms. They even had a long arm quilting machine on the premises! I couldn't believe all the fabric they had. Everyone one was more beautiful than the next. They had tons of samples, patterns, books, etc. It was a feast for the quilter's eyes! The problem I had was that there were several sample quilt tops and table runners that I fell in love with and wanted to buy either a kit or the same material. Several times I mentioned how much I loved that pattern and would like to buy the material. One of the sales people told me I should go upstairs and look for the fabric. Another looked for the book with a pattern I liked and they didn't have it. I felt that they should have taken the time to help me find the material or similar material. The shop wasn't that busy and there were two salespeople. Oh well, I did find a few patterns that I liked and some Valentines material for a quilt I'm thinking of making - at some point. The photo above is one of patterns I bought at the shop. It's supposed to be very easy. We'll see....

This is the table runner I fell in love with. I almost bought the pattern but the fabric colors in the picture on the cover were terrible. I wanted these fabrics but they didn't really help me find them. I did take the pic for fabric colors in case I bought the pattern. This pic doesn't do the fabric justice. It was very vivid and beautiful. The name of the pattern was "Tuscany."

However, one good thing; I think I've found the perfect pattern for my special quilt. It's a bit difficult to see but I really like this pattern. Once I purchase the fabric, I'll put some pics on the blog.


I also stopped at a knit shop, Three Bags Full, while I was in Northbrook. It was just around the corner from the quilt shop so I had to stop there. (Didn't I?) This store was nice with a big selection of yarn (what else?) Unfortunately most of the yarn was very expensive. I did purchase some 40% off sock yarn - of course! and a pattern and yarn for a baby hat and socks pictured below:
Sock yarn - 40% off!


I'm going to take another trip to one of my favorite quilt shops on Saturday. It's the first quilt shop I ever visited and where I took my first class in quilt making; The Quilt Basket in Downer's Grove. I love that shop and one of the owners, Denise, is a great teacher and a nice person. The only minus is that they are not open on Sundays. : ( I plan to buy fabric for both of these quilts there. The shop is beautiful and located in quaint downtown Downer's Grove. If you have never been there, you should take a ride and see what I mean. There's even a knit shop across the street; Kniche. What more could you want! You also have to stop at the Barkery and buy some treats for your favorite doggie!

Well, so much for my adventurous Saturday. Sometimes you just need to venture out of your neighborhood comfort zone!

.

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Wow what for a big journey through the World of Yarn and Quilt,but i am happy you made your own nice Weekend.I wish i could be with you to see all!What have you eat in the Lucky Grill?Thank you for the exactly Description of the shrug,i couldnt find it at my Dictionary.Our Soccer Team won theys first Game at European Championships in Soccergame.But they must doing many if they want win this Championships😒!!!!I think Italy or Spain will win!This 2 Teams play against in this Moment and they play with so many Passion,thats great!Tomorrow starts a new Week with a lot of work but at the Weekend we go Frankfurt and i am so excited to see it,i will send you Pics from there.And this Week brings me a little Bit more closer to you!I wish you a nice week with not so many Work and send you many Love.