Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day - 2014

Good morning all and Happy Labor Day!
Today is the FINAL day of my time off. As I'm sure you gather by now, I really enjoyed my time off. Tying it into Labor Day made it that much longer but also made me think about back-to-school time.

Labor Day used to bring the, what seemed like, 3 day Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethon. I actually looked forward to the Telethon because I love Jerry Lewis! I think he is one of the best comedians! It also signaled the end of summer vacation and back to school. I loved going back to school and all that went with it; new shoes, new clothes, new school supplies and going back to see my friends and meet new ones! Those were the days when troubles were few; your only concerns were what you were going to wear and what your friends thought. (At least for me!)

Well, I did enjoy my Sunday and finally organized my sewing room! Of course, I hurt my back by bringing all of David's law books, etc. down to the basement but not TOO bad. I still have some organizing to do in the bookcase but I can now sew and leave my machine out all the time! Here's a pic!
I love it!!!

Of course, I could have a lot more room if we got rid of the bed but - baby steps! That's my motto in this household! 

We also went to the AT&T store and bought my DH a new phone! He finally came into the 21st century and bought a smart phone!!! Now just for him to learn how to use it! 

I christened my new sewing room by sewing my candy corn pillow cases! I LOVE my candy corn! Anyone who truly know me knows I LOVE candy corn; eating and....


So, off to get more stuff ready and organized for our garage sale on Saturday and prepare for back to work tomorrow! I do love my job and the great law firm I work for but man, I LOVE being home!!!

Until the next time! 


No comments: