Friday, September 12, 2014

TGIF It's Friday!

Hi all!
There's nothing sweeter than 5:00 pm on a Friday! I just love the weekend! There's so much promise for the next two days; whether it's just relaxing or jam packed with things to do! This weekend promises to be a bit of both for me!

I'll be getting my hair did (finally!) on Saturday (photo to be posted!) I know that's not the highlight for most of you, it is for me! I'm going to Roseanne's Salon again - let's hope there's not as much rain as the first time I was there! The sky was black, the wind was blowing and the rain was falling HEAVILY! We sat and had coffee and granola bars (thanks Roseanne's Dad) and chatted waiting for the rain to stop! It was fun until I got to my car - 6 inches of water around it! I took my shoes off and waded through the water to my car and drove in my socks! Shhhh...  I wasn't going to ruin another pair of shoes to the rain!

I'm excited because on Sunday, I'm going to Joanne Fabrics to help my friend Sharon chose fabric and supplies for her new sewing class. Yeah! Another person to talk "sewing" with. Sharon is a very prolific knitter and I'm sure she'll become an excellent sewing person too.

My DH had an exciting week. He had jury duty and was actually chosen to be on a jury. Four long days later, the trial was over. He was very happy to be done but miserable because now he had to catch up on work! It was tough having both of us "work" until 5:00 and not get home til 6:00. Needless to say, dinners were dicey!

Not much happened for me this past week. I didn't work on any crafts at all! I was just too tired and/or lazy to do anything. Sometimes you just need to veg for a while. I really need to get to work on some of my projects! I hope to but at least one of the borders on my Fall quilt this weekend and
buy some fabric for the outside border. I decided what I was planning to use wasn't going to work out for me.

This is the quilt I'm working on. The first border (on the left) will be a thin brown one. I think I need to use a brighter golden color to brighten up the quilt. I'm very excited to finish this one up!



Well, as they say, the best laid plans. I have a taste for making something with candy corn fabric...we'll see what happens when the weekend is done! Enjoy your weekend!






No comments: