Monday, September 15, 2014

What a Productive Weekend!

Hi all,
As I wrote last week, I was getting my hair done on Saturday. Roseanne did a great job and I loved it! Unfortunately, I neglected to get a picture. My husband said my hair "looked weird" but I loved it! Take it from me, I was very happy with the cut and color. Roseanne is great!

I did get a lot of sewing, cutting, etc. done this past weekend. I made my Candy Corn Wreath, a banner using candy corn fabric as well as other Fall fabric, put the first border on my special Fall quilt.


Candy Corn Wreath with Tulle! 

I also made a pennant banner with candy corn fabric along with some other Fall fabric.


Full Banner

Four different fabrics for my banner


Quilt top with brown border. 

I still need to put a wider border on but I'm not sure what color. I think it needs to be lighter; maybe yellow/gold, green, orange? I'm going to The Bungalow Quilt Shop in Milwaukee to pick out some fabric this weekend! It will be my first trip there since they opened earlier this year.  

I also chose some fabrics for my Block of The Month for August and September. I'm a bit behind but hope to get them both done before the end of the month. Another project bag is in the works too! It will be debuted soon! A small hint; it's a Halloween theme! 

One fun thing I also did was take my friend Sharon to Joanne Fabrics on Sunday. She's starting a sewing class tonight and needed fabric, scissors, thread, etc. We had a lot of fun looking at fabric and planning different projects. We checked out some patterns and bought several for future projects! Afterwards, we stopped at Starbucks for some Chai Tea.

All in all, a great weekend!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your fall projects!