Sunday, September 21, 2014

Happy Last Day of Summer... ; (

Hello friends,
Yes, we're closing in on the last remnants of a wonderful summer. We can't complain about really hot days this year! Some may be disappointed but I was very happy with our summer. It just seemed to go by too fast!

Well, I must say I had a wonderful weekend! We started out by taking our dear pup Sable to the vet. She's 15 years old, blind and deaf but is still our joy. I like to get her checked out to be sure she's doing well. Doc says she looks good and took some blood to check everything out. We'll hear from her Monday night.

We then took a ride to Milwaukee to see Gregory (and stop at the quilt shop!) He needed some food so we took him to Target and bought almost $300 worth of groceries! He should be set for a couple months now!!! LOTS of frozen stuff but at least he's eating! He walks enough to stay in shape so I guess he's in good shape!

Bungalow Quilt shop is exactly that; a nice yellow bungalow! The fabric selection was eclectic and very interesting! They also rent time on their long-arm quilting machine so if I ever FINISH a quilt top, I can quilt it! I did buy some very interesting fabric there. I hate fish, especially goldfish, but saw this fabric and could resist it. You may be able to see the bit of gold in the fabric.


Goldfish fabric

I also bought some very pretty "Paris" fabric at Bungalow quilting. Just not sure who would like it? : )

Paris fabric

I was happy to find fabric in my favorite color scheme. I hope to incorporate some of it into future BOM squares.


Sunday afternoon, after my regular Lucky Grill breakfast, my friend Sharon and I went shopping to Quilters Destination in Arlington Heights. Boy did we have fun. Everything was 20% off! I must say we didn't go too overboard! I bought a salmon colored fabric to go with my goldfish fabric. I also bought a beautiful French themed fabric to go with my Paris fabric. I think these will make some beautiful project bags!!



Goldfish fabric with lining fabric



Paris fabric with lining fabric


Sharon and I and several other customers bought the fabric below for assorted projects! It is new and I think pretty much depleted thanks to us! It is just too cute!




All in all, it was a great weekend and I have a lot of nice projects to work on! I'll post a few more pics the next time. 


No comments: