Tuesday, August 26, 2014

WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION!

Good morning!
I apologize for my prolonged absence! But here I am!

First and foremost I would like to pay tribute to my dear Mother-in-Law. After a "long run" of 95 years, Jennie Isaac passed away peacefully in her sleep. We were all shocked, however much her death was a forgone conclusion, it came very sudden and without warning. She is at peace now and happily arguing with Tom's Father, George!

This is a picture of my in-laws taken several years ago when our church published a book with pictures of the parishioners. A photographer came to the church and took family pictures. We all had our portraits done and this is the one Jennie and George took.

Funny story; after we had our pictures taken, the photographer asked us to sit down and talk about photo packages. My DH said "this is where they strong arm you to buy packages." Little did we know the person selling had only one arm. He said "well, I guess I really can't do that!" Oh well....

Thank you to all our family and friends for your thoughts and prayers. My DH is only now coming to terms with her passing and allowing me to announce via social media.

I am, obviously, taking a vacation week. During this week, I plan to complete (and maybe start?) some of my old projects. So far, I have completed the following projects:

Fleece "Monkey" baby quilt


Flannel "Rag" lap quilt


I also started making some of the tabs for my project bags. I plan to complete most of my already started ones this week! Here they are, all lined up!

As the week goes on, I'll post more pictures of my projects. Hopefully I'll get to half of them!

Enjoy!



No comments: