Wednesday, August 27, 2014

WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION - DAY 2!

Good morning family, friends, fans!
Yesterday was my second day of summer vacation. The time is really FLYING! I can't possibly accomplish all I want to do but I'm going to try my hardest!

Yesterday I decided to bake a cranberry nut bread for my DH. He's been very supportive of my
Weight Watchers and has given up buying his coffee cakes (which I find very difficult to resist!) I thought he might like a slice of bread for dessert and made it for him. He hasn't had a chance to eat any yet but I'm sure he'll enjoy it! YUM!


After that, I started working on my project bags. Making these bags is truly a labor of love. There is a process and several steps to complete these 8 bags. My goal is to finish them today. I finished sewing them together and then making the gussets for each side (this is for 16 bags - outside and the lining.) I don't have a lot to show for this but believe me, it took me about 6 hours to complete this much!


I also managed to spend some time with the Sewing Bees yesterday. We all got together and did some sewing, cutting, chatting, eating and laughing at Ro's house. We have a great dynamic and everyone gets along and helps each other! It's a great group of friends and I love them all! We talked about a cutting table that we would like to have. I saw one on FB and fell in love with it. It has to be on wheels to roll around in my "Sewing Room" (aka - David's room) and this one fits the bill. I need to have someone built it for me and I think I may have a taker - we'll have to confirm this! This is a picture of it. Pretty neat, huh?


All rightee! Back to work for me. Put washing in dryer and off to the salt mines (i.e., sewing machine!)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog! Always great projects and interesting tidbits.