Friday, August 29, 2014

WHAT I DID ON MY SUMMER VACATION - DAY 4!

Good morning once again,
I hope you are enjoying these blogs as much as I'm enjoying writing them! My goal, once again, is to keep blogging as much as possible because I know I have some fans out there!

Day 4 of my summer vacation was planned for one thing but I got sidetracked with a new bright and shiny thing! Happens all the time! My DH and I took a ride to Costco on Wednesday so I could get a table to use as a cutting table until my "dream" table was found. I planned to raise it using those risers they have to raise a bed. I did that in the basement to raise my folding table. I was excited to find one there that was adjustable to 34 inches. That was perfect for my table. I decided to set it up and see how it was. I decided it was perfect and I wouldn't need anything else! So I went to Joanne's and bought a rolling cart to put all my supplies in. When I got home, a package was waiting for me on my  doorstep; my comic book cardboards had arrived! I was planning to use them to fold my fabric around and store. I am a born organizer and would love to be a professional organizer when I grow up! I took out all my fabric and started rolling. This picture is the finished product of my efforts. If you think this is a lot of fabric, you should see some of the craft rooms I've seen on FB; people have 2, 3 and 4 tall bookcases of fabric. Well, this constitutes about 90% of my fabric stash.

Isn't this so beautifully organized!
OK, organizing is a sickness but I won't apologize!

So, I  started planning and cutting out some items to sew; I cut out two mixy matchy cat themed pillow cases, two candy corn (what else?) pillow cases and two Christmas Table runners. (I also cut out something for my quasi American friend but that's a surprise for her so I won't show that!)




So, my day was pretty productive. I also sewed a bit of the "behind the scene" things for the 4 remaining project bags I have to sew. Of course, I did a few loads of laundry and cooked dinner! Suzie Homemaker am I.

To round out my day, I went to Thursday Night Open Knit at Woolly Lamb and had a great time knitting and chatting with my friends. All in all, a great day.

As for my sewing room, I'm planning to have my DH stop at Costco today and pick up another table. I'll use that as my sewing table and have the perfect sewing room. If only I could get David to take his bed! Oh well, I'm happy the way it is; I FINALLY  have my sewing room. Pictures to follow soon!

Off to do some laundry and organizing. Have I said how much I enjoy being home?


No comments: