Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - HIGH OF 60 DEGREES PREDICTED TODAY!

Good morning,
With temperatures predicted today, it's hard to believe that just a short year ago, we were anticipating the "storm of the century!" After starting on February 1, 2011 and ending on February 2, 2011, we were blessed with a grand total of over 2 feet of snow! Still not the worst I've experienced but close! Gregory was in Rome so I sent pictures to him and said how bad I felt that he wasn't here to enjoy all this snow! : )

Here we are, one day until February! Can you believe it? Where did January go! See Mandy, time is going by so quickly; before you know it, it will be September!!!!!

Well, I go my size 10, 16 inch needles and started Gregory's skull cap. I'm at the point now where I have to start the skulls. I hope to get those 15 rows done tonight and have something to show for it! Hopefully a picture tomorrow! With the weather the way it is, he may not need it until next winter!

Did anyone feel the earthquake? Of course, I didn't but I did hear something eating garbage in our garbage cans! I woke up at 3:30 this morning and heard something digging or scratching. I thought someone was trying to break into the house! I got up and went to see if I could see anything. I didn't and went back to bed only to hear the noise again. I realized something had gotten into our garage cans, or was trying to get into them. I went back downstairs and turned on the porch light thinking that might scare whatever was there away. No luck - I went back upstairs and realized there was nothing I was going to do or could do and went to sleep. I told my husband in the morning and he went and checked in the garbage cans and of course, there was nothing in the can or around it. He probably, no, I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy. Oh well.

Off to another day of work. Hopefully I'll have a picture of the skull cap tomorrow. Enjoy this beautiful weather; take a walk, take your dog for a walk, but just get out and enjoy these days while they're here.

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

You have the spring in Chicago and we froze so much,but i hope you can after your work enjoy the nice and warm weather with sable outside.We love our skull caps and now we can wear it and are so proud to have it.I must laugh so loud if i read see mandy time is going ba so quickly,before you know it,it will be september and i must say i hope it so much!!!!Your Blog today was like a thriller for me because a earthquake isnt funny but i think i would do the same in your situation so are not crazy or we are crazy togehter;)Do you have a light sleep like me?Even the smallest Noise let me stand in the bad.I hope your workday goes by very fast and i am looking forward to the pics of skull caps and your next blog tomorrow.lovely hug your friend mandy