Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Good morning!
My husband reminded me today that we had several significant days this past week and today! On January 27, 2009, my Mother passed away. A year and one day later, my Father-in-law passed away; January 28, 2010. I truly miss both of them but know they are in much better place. I don't think in terms of my Mother being gone because I feel she is always with me as my guardian angel! She was very sick and it was a blessing for her. I still sometimes think "oh, I have to tell Mom" about this or that or if I have a question about someone in the family I think, "oh, I'll call Mom." That doesn't happen too much anymore.

He also reminded me that in 1967, we experienced the worst blizzard of our lives. My older sister and I took the Western Avenue bus to Belmont to celebrate my nephew Billy's (now Bill!) birthday. Unfortunately, I can't remember how old he was, maybe 3? I'll never forget; I had one of those toy horse heads on a stick and carried that on the bus! Anyway, we eventually made it to my oldest sister's house and ended up staying there 4 days! We tried to get home from her apartment on Washtenaw by walking to Western but had to turn back because it was so cold, snowy, and windy! Of course, I was only 9 at the time so I was a big baby! We turned around on the Belmont bridge. When we got back to her house there was a huge semi stuck on her street. We brought the driver coffee and birthday cake while he was stuck. Being as young as I was, it was an adventure for me! Eventually, we were able to get home but it was another few days before we were able to go to school : (  Ha-ha!  My brother and I played in the backyard making snow castles. The snow was almost as high as I was. Those were some good memories! I won't even go into the story about Grandma! : )

Of course, Saturday I didn't do what I thought I would do! I picked up a book from the library that I had reserved; The Descendants by Kaui Hart Hemmings. Now a major motion picture starring George Clooney! I love to read the book before seeing the movie. What a great book! I started reading it while eating my lunch (I love reading while I'm eating!) and couldn't put it down. It was a page-turner and I finished it at 10:30 p.m.! I think the author wrote the book with George Clooney in mind for the Father! I could just hear him saying all the lines. This is one movie I really want to see. I wish my sisters lived closer so we could get together and go to see movies more often!

I also started reading the series; A Game of Thrones, by George R.R. Martin. My youngest son (an avid reading like me) recommended this series but I thought I wouldn't like it. I finished the first book and am halfway through the second one! I love them!

Well, today is the day I will finish those slippers! They are weighing heavy on my mind and I don't feel right working on something else unless I get them done! I want to finish the skeleton hat I'm making for my youngest son and then the pencil scarf for my niece! So much knitting and not enough time!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and be sure to spend some time with your family today!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

I love to read all what you write in your blog.We have one Similarities,i love it too to eat and read to the same Time.In the moment i read the book The american Wife.I recommend you to read it because its so great.