Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Good morning,
I hope this sunny but cold day brings great weekend plans for everyone; even if it's just sitting around and watching TV. I myself plan to finish a pair of slippers I was commissioned to make.  Shortly before Christmas, a lady came into Woolly Lamb and asked if someone could duplicate a pair of slippers her son  had. I found a pattern and made them for her. Her daughter liked them too so she asked if I could make another pair. I'm almost finished and will post a pic when done. They remind me of the slippers my Grandmother used to make for us.

This is a picture of the Woolly Lamb version of the "Gaptastic" cowl that everyone is wearing. I made one of these for myself and 3 other ones. They are made of a very soft wool and really keep you warm. Everyone was making them from several different types of yarn. I like projects like this because they're quick and easy to make!












I love these beautiful cable stitch fingerless gloves I'm making. The cable pattern is so beautiful. I tried to take a pic to show the detail in it. I have one completed and another one on the needles. This blog will make an honest woman of me because now I'm accountable for finishing these projects I show!










Of course, I always have a pair (or two or three) of socks on the needles. I'm known as the sock queen at Woolly Lamb because I've made about 25 pairs of socks now! I love making socks; the continuous round and round knitting is very theraputic for me. I usually knit them on two circular needles but the 3 pairs I have are all "busy" with other socks so I had to resort to double pointed needles.



Well, that's it for today. Please be sure you enjoy this weekend; we work so hard during the week that it's great to do what YOU want to do for a couple days. Make sure you treat yourself and do something fun!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

All what you knitt looks so nice,very great.