Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012 - I Return!


Back to the Blog! I am going to try to post in my blog every day this year - and include some pictures. I may bore myself to death (no one else reads my blog) but at least I can have a record of my year!

Knitting will always be my craft of choice so I will start with that. Brigitte, the owner of my LYS - Woolly Lamb Yarn Studio has a new website - http://www.woollylambyarn.com/ with tons of items to purchase even if you don't live in the Chicago area! She has started a new monthly project event. Each month we will have a new project of her choosing to work on. Whomever makes each project for each month will be entered into a drawing for a Woolly Lamb gift certificate at the end of the year! Sounds like a fun idea. Our first project, for January, is a pair of fingerless gloves using 2 skeins of Cascade 220 Sport Yarn. These are the Cables and Leaves Fingerless Mitts from the Cascade book "60 More Quick Knits" - Page 48. I am using a very beautiful shade of red for mine. There isn't much to look at now - picture to follow as soon as I get more completed!



My other love is quilting. I have one quilt that was professionally quilted but still needs to have the border attached. This is the Soduko quilt. It was so much fun putting it together. I really enjoyed this one.

I also have a baby quilt that needs the quilting completed and then the border done. Unfortunately time is fleeting and I just don't have enough of it! I hope to get these two completed this year - yes, I said this year! (Let's see how I do on this deadline!)

Scrapbooking has been put aside for the winter since it's very cold in the basement where my stuff is located. I'll be picking that up again this Spring - I still have to scrap Gregory's pictures from his semester abroad - don't we sound rich!!!

Life is good for all of us. I started my new job on January 3 and my son graduated from law school on January 15. It was a wonderful and very meaningful ceremony. Everyone else is well.

Until tomorrow.





























































No comments: