Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Day After

Good morning All,Well, I called in on Monday and did have to go to jury duty. Unfortunately, I didn't get picked for a jury yesterday. I was actually looking forward to at least getting questioned but it never happened. I just sat there all day and read a book, went to McDonald's for lunch, saw Andy Avalos from NBC weather in the McDonald's and walked around downtown. That was the best part of the day; just walking around and enjoying the beautiful city.

I did manage to finish a Danielle Steel book that I borrowed from the library; 44 Charles Street, while on jury duty. It was a great book and I really enjoyed reading it. I have to call the library and see if they can take me off the loan so someone else can get it. I borrowed it as a Kindle book and you can keep it for 2 weeks. I'd rather let them know so maybe if someone else is on the list they can get the book. What a great service! See Tom, I can save money by not buying books! I have several books and movies on holds at the library. It's better than buying them and having them sit around the house. I even have Iron Lady on reserve and can wait until it comes in!

As promised, I have a few pictures to show of some of my finished knitting projects;


This is the Easy Drop Stitch Scarf pattern from Ravelry. All done!



I finished the Honeycomb Cowl I was making and have another one on the needles in a lime green color.






These are the two-at-a time socks on circulars (and of course, a cute bag for them!) I know, it looks like a bra or something else but it is actually the two toes of the socks. Very nice project taught by Cat. Our homework was to finish them until the heel by Sunday but I don't think I'll be able to do that unless I quit work and work on them constantly! Oh well.

That's it for now.

I am now walking to the "L" in the morning and not having my DH drive me. It's great exercise for me and I think he wants to get to work a bit sooner. As long as the weather is nice, I might as well get some exercise. So, I'm closing and getting ready to walk and enjoy the peace and quiet of the morning.

It's Wednesday so only two more days of work after today!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Thats sad to know there was nothing happend yesterday in the Jury Duty for you,but you had a nice Day in the City without Work and was getting a little Bit Money.Is the weather Man Andy Avalos a famous Man in the USA?I know how it is to read a good Book like you and i can so good switch of from the everyday Life.If you can sometime read the Book from Steve Jobs.I try to read it every Day and regret it if i have not read.Your finnished Projekts are so beautiful.I love it to see each time what you can make with many Love and Feeling!How was your exercise to going to the L?I hope it was good.Yes today is wednesday and there are still 2 days till the Weekend.Thomas has from next week 2 week vacation without me and we should get the Summer next week.Oh well,to put it in your own words,thats Life!