Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Good Morning Chicago!

What is the train etiquette when someone sits next to you on the "EL" and invades your space? This morning a man sat next to me and just about squeezed me into the side of the train. We both had heavy winter coats on but being on the outside, he shouldn't have squeezed me in so much! I wanted to ask him if he would like to sit in my lap! Then of course, being a man, he had to sit with his legs spread and leaning up against my leg. I didn't move, I held my ground. I figured maybe he's getting his jollies by having his leg up against mine....It didn't do anything for me buddy!

Too bad for Princess Colleen, huh Mama?!

Had a tooth extracted yesterday unexpectedly. I went for a consult and Dr. Chuck talked me into getting it pulled. I'm glad I did it then because I sure would have been nervous waiting two weeks to have it done. I woke up this morning and had no pain. It's probably partially due to the fact that the tooth has a root canal but with all the digging, drilling and stitches (must be 100 up there!) I figured I'd be home from work! Not so. I am glad there's no pain because I was really dreading it. Oh well, now for the implant or a bridge.

I am happy to report that I finished my March Woolly Lamb Knitting project as well as my April one! I will post some pictures tonight. They both look absolutely beautiful! I would love to make one more of each and I have the yarn for them! I also have the pattern and yarn for our May project; yoga socks. Everyone loves them because there's no heal or toes! I may make mine into pedicure socks instead (with a heal.) Speaking of yarn, for some reason on Easter Sunday, I started going through all my yarn. I organized all my Plymouth Galway and Encore yarns by colors and put them in plastic bags inside a Rubbermaid tote bin. I also put them on my Raverly page and offered them for sale or trade. I also found some yarn that I will never use and plan on giving to Sonia and Eunice. I hope they don't mind! I have sooo much yarn I could almost open a shop. It really is exciting to think of new projects with some of the yarn I haven't seen in years. I got on Ravelry and found some great patterns. I also frogged my butter colored Galway wool afghan for the second time. It's such a huge project that I put it away and then when I take it out again (or find it again) I forget where I left off. Also, my stitches didn't look great - way too loose - so I'll start again. This time, I'll note where I left off! the yarn is so beautiful that I want to make it into some kind of blanket.

My DH is feeling better today. He had a terrible Holy week beginning with falling at work and opening a gash in his head. Four staples later, he's doing better and will get them taken out tomorrow. He also picked up some kind of virus and was very sick after dinner on Easter. I initially thought it was something we ate but we all ate the same thing and no one else got as sick as he did. Gregory and I had mild tummy aches. We think it must have been a virus and it worked itself out of his system. He even stayed home from work yesterday - you know he's sick when he stays home from work! I know my cooking isn't that great but I don't think I could have poisoned anyone!

Oh well, off to work now. Will be posting some pics tonight.

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Its nice to read and hear from you again and i am glad you are here back again.How do you feel now?Pain is always terrible in every way and i am sure you have the worst behind you.Dont be worry about the crazy Men from the Train in this Morning,what is my Mother always say:the stupid never die out and thats so true!What do you think about i come to you and are your Nurse and for Tom and Greg?Only a fun;))If you have so many yarn you should make a company with brigitte to open a shop and didnt must work any more;))I miss you and the writing with you.But i can good understand if have no Time because i see you have mamy Trouble.You know i am your friend and always happy if you write me.You are a very important person in our Life and glad to have you as our friend.What do you think about skyping the nex time with me?I will so happy to see you and talk with you again.