Tuesday, April 3, 2012

No Tom, It's Not 50% Frustration Over For ME!!

This morning my DH stated that 50% of the frustration (work) for the week is over today. I, not so gently, reminded him that I have to work on Friday - Good Friday! This is the first time in 15 years that I've had to work on this day. Oh well, maybe I can come home earlier. I learned in Germany that starting on Good Friday and running through and including the Monday after Easter is a holiday and no one works and no stores are open. I like that!

Speaking of work, as everyone knows (or those who read my blog - Mandy - this means you!) the dreaded monthly report will be printed overnight tonight (Tuesday.) It's really not a mind numbing exercise as much as it is busy work. It's a matter of sorting out papers and distributing them to partners, lawyers, etc. Last month I sent out over 1200 envelopes. I really don't mind too much because I come in early and will be able to get some overtime which will help me with the purchase of my IPad! I have help from several of our "runners" as they're called - college students who are here for the sole purpose of doing things for us whenever we want. It's a great deal for them and an even better deal for us! We always have help whenever we need it. They are very nice and work hard.

Well, I got a good start on my April UFO project last night. I think I will be able to finish it this month. I have a bit done already and will be working on it diligently! It's a vest knit in Maggie Jackson linen and I have had the back done already for a year or so. : )  Now I'm working on the two fronts on one needle. Brigitte suggested doing them this way so they're both the same size. I like it because they're both being done at the same time - time saving!

My DS comes home from school on Thursday night for Easter. I'm sure he'll be tired and looking forward to sleeping in a few days! Maybe I should wake him up early on Friday morning to come to work with me and help! Ha-Ha!!

Have a wonderful day and if you're in the Chicagoland area, I hope you wore a coat this morning as it's going to be cooler when we go home!

1 comment:

Mandy Schröder said...

Now i know what your monthly Report is and can good understand why you hate it.Even if you must work on Good Friday(i surprise why do you write Good Friday because i dindt know untill now that Good Friday the English Word for Karfreitag is)so is this apparently necessary.And its very right if you say that Easter Holiday starts at Good Friday and ends Monday and all shops are closed without saturday on these Days.Even our bakery has closed and that means a lot.Please dont be worry about that you must work this Good Friday,you have a nice Job and thats more important as all.I learn so many by reading your blog and sorry if i ask you sometimes perhaps a little bit to much but its for so interesting to know all from you as my friend.I hope thats ok for you an i dont bug you to much with my Questioning:)))i wish so much i could help you with the monthly report because i hate it so much if you suffer from some.But i think we would only laugh and not work;)))The Month April is terrible,in the early Morning hen i go to my Work its so cold outside and if i have finnished my work its so warm.I know not what shall i wear!Dont work to hard and remember all Thing has an End.I am thinking of you and send you a kiss