Thursday, May 1, 2014

Happy May Day!

Hello to all my friends!
I decided to start up with my blog again! I've been busy making things, dealing with family issues, personal issues and just being busy! I truly enjoy blogging and showing off my newest projects, confiding my personal struggles and getting support from family and friends. So here goes a try for more blogs....

My Sewing Bee friends, Liz, Gladys and Ro have been steadily cranking out our monthly banners. We've completed October through May and have started June. We've been working diligently at Liz's house and have been watching the transformation of her new kitchen on the first floor of her two flat. It's an amazing process and makes me nervous to sit in there or work in the house with new floors! I'd HATE to be the one who puts the first mark on the floor, cabinet, etc! Tony, we're still waiting for our keys to your house!! : )

The Sewing Bees had a wonderful weekend together with four of our knitting friends in Lake Delavan, WI. We discovered a great quilt store in Milton, WI and shopped til we dropped. We walked around and chatted like it was our house and the staff was very patient and understanding. We also went to two charming knitting shops nearby and had a blast being together. It was a very cold weekend but we didn't feel the cold because we were warm and happy in a great hotel.

Our group comforted each other with family problems and helped each other through it all. I am so thankful that I've found such a welcoming home in the Woolly Lamb Yarn Studio through Brigitte and the the friends I've made there.

I'm currently working on many projects; a Jelly Roll quilt, the second of a pair of socks, a beautiful summer scarf, sewing knitting project bags, a block of the month club on Facebook, etc., etc. I'll post some pictures regularly because there are just more projects than I could possibly put in one blog.

I'm looking forward to going to a quilt show with the Sewing Bees (we even have our own t-shirts) in June and buying fabric to make a Valor Quilt. (or at least put it in the queue!) We have many projects that we (the Sewing Bees) want to make together so we'll be sewing for a long time!

Finally able to access my blog from work so I'd better start the day. Tonight is Knit Night at Woolly Lamb so I won't have time to post pics tonight. I'll be posting some pictures tomorrow night and updating everyone!

Until we meet again!

No comments: