Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday May 2, 2014

Good morning!
I had a wonderfully successful "first day" of my new personal weight loss challenge. After gaining a "few" pounds these past 4 months, I decided to get back on track and try to get to my goal weight. (Only 20 pounds to go! Considering I've lost 50 pounds already - that IS attainable!) Weight Watchers is the best method, for me, to do that. I have meetings at work so it couldn't be more convenient. The Firm even pays for all sessions if you attend at least 9 of the 12 meetings! Couldn't be easier!

It occurred to me that this healthier lifestyle has to be just that, a "lifestyle." You can't lose weight and then eat like you did before. Take it from me, IT DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY! My new mantra is "Is it worth it?" I also realized that to maintain my weight loss, I need to think that way all the time! Funny how something can just "click" and you realize what you need to do.

Hopefully I can maintain this positive attitude and continue on to reach my goal. However, I won't beat myself up if I slip up again. I know how to get back on track. It's a lifestyle. As my WW leader Lisa says, this mantra can help you in your person life too.

Stepping off my soap box....

Anyway, I posted several pictures on my Facebook page "Crafts are My Life" last night so you can see what I've been up to. Never fear, I have been knitting - haven't tossed that aside! I'll post some pics tonight on the projects I've completed and those (many) that are in the works! I have an urge to so some scrapbooking so watch for updates on that! Memorial day is coming up so maybe something patriotic for my friends!

I'm so happy I can access my blog now at work! The best time for me to blog is when I get into work in the am before punching in. I get here so early that it gives me time to take care of this.

Off to have my coffee (hopefully the water is safe to drink!) There is some construction going on outside our building on Madison and the water wasn't safe to drink/use yesterday afternoon. Toilet water was rust colored! YUK!!

Until we meet again!

No comments: